Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When checking for domination of a region is it proper to tally the number of battleground countries a player controls, then tally the number of non-battleground countries a play controls then check to see if one player has more of each? If so, that player has domination of that region.

Or do you add the number of battleground countries plus the total number of countries controlled when checking to see who controls "more countries"?

I've been playing the first way as the wording in the rules seems to suggest this, however, this question has been raised by both of the opponents I have played.

Thanks,

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
To dominate a region you have to -

1. Control more battleground countries than your opponent in the region.
2. Control more countries in total (sum of battleground and non-battleground) than your opponent in the region.
3. Control at least one non-battleground country in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Add up the total number of countries (Battleground and non-Battleground) controlled first. If no one has majority, no one can possibly claim Domination.

- Then, if one player controls more countries, compare the number of Battleground countries controlled. If equal or less than the other player, no Domination possible.

- If one player controls more total countries AND more BG countries, check if he has at least one non-BG country. If he does, then he can claim Domination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Petricini
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

That clears things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.