Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm working on an updated version of the Pond Hockey rules, which I hope to have finished and posted to the game's file section soon. But, in the meantime, I wanted to let people know that the starting position will be changing to the one shown in the image above.

The older formation had some players from each team advanced into the attacking zone (their opponent's half of the ice) which had the advantage of quickly getting the players into the heat of battle. But, for anyone familiar with hockey, that starting formation just doesn't look like hockey. Also, it required us to add a somewhat awkward rule to disallow the start player from scoring a goal on the first turn (which is possible with a 7 or 8) because they'd have an unfair advantage otherwise. This new formation is more "hockey-like" and it eliminates that awkward "no scoring" rule since, from this position, you couldn't score even if you wanted to. Two birds, one stone.

If you take a closer look at the image above, you'll notice another change that will be outlined in the upcoming rules update: we've moved the penalty box area away from center ice, back half-way into your team's side of the rink. New rink image files will be uploaded to the game's file section when the rules update is uploaded but, if you can't wait, you can find the files here. Another change, coinciding with the relocation of the penalty box, is that there will now also be a 1 movement point cost to return a penalized player to the ice (the rules for returning a penalized player to the ice are otherwise unchanged). And, I think, that's about it...[EDIT] Oh, there's one more: we've removed the restriction that limited you to playing one extra movement point(MP) per turn; you can now play as many extra MP as you have per turn.

Cheers,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Gablovsky
Austria
Kittsee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I found your game recently in Print and Play Podcast and I'm interested in it. I want to ask you if you have some rough date when will you post updated rules, so I can start with new rules? Thank you for answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tirsillur wrote:
Hi, I found your game recently in Print and Play Podcast and I'm interested in it. I want to ask you if you have some rough date when will you post updated rules, so I can start with new rules? Thank you for answer
Hi,

I'm hoping to have the update finished before this coming Friday (Feb. 13). I'll post a notice when I've uploaded the files and, while the files are waiting to get through BGG moderation (which can take anywhere from 1 to 7 days), I'll make them available from this site.

Cheers,
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seandavidross wrote:
tirsillur wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping to have the update finished before this coming Friday (Feb. 13). I'll post a notice when I've uploaded the files and, while the files are waiting to get through BGG moderation (which can take anywhere from 1 to 7 days), I'll make them available from this site.

Cheers,
Sean

Once the rules are ready, I'll be giving this a go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.