Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert March
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're planning to try out the 3-player game on Saturday, and I had a question. If a player is having a Campaign turn, does the leader get to ignore stacking limits once the turn is ended, or do you have to make sure to finish the campaign correctly stacked to avoid losing units?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they never really clarified this in the rules. The way I choose to play it - stacking rules apply, as the size of your stack otherwise would be almost undefeatable when the next player takes his turn. If you've got, say, 9 Visigoth units surrounded by 4 Romans, it doesn't really seem fair for the Roman player, whereas 3 Vis units in 3 provinces would be a bit more balanced. I'd check in the files section on BGG for Italia, as I know some other people have posted expanded rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
take a look 8.4 Stacking limits during Campaigns
Seems during normal nation turn (before campaign) there is NO STACKING LIMIT in the area of the campaign leader. During Campaing, special stacking rules apply. There is NO STACKING LIMIT in the area of the leader the campaign.

The answer is NO & NO.

Another question.
ITALIA I.
If in a Turn with 2 leaders of the same nation, Leader 1 and Leader 2, the movement and combat of L 1 (before campaing) the stacking limit apply, because is not the leader´s campaign (L 2). Movement cost 0.
L 2 can move with legions (before campaign starts) with no stacking limit apply. Cost 0.
The movement and Combat of L 2 for the campagn cost 1 gold and no stacking limit in the area with the campaign leader.
Is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.