1 Posts

Notre Dame» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Gold and Influence (3 players) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Merric Blackman
flag msg tools
Ramping up my reviewing.
Happily playing games for many, many years.
After Battletech, we had about an hour before dinner. Rich chose Notre Dame, and soon we had it set up and were happily drafting cards. 3-players is rather odd for ND; you get to see cards of everyone in the game, and so you have something of a better view of what's going on.

My initial drafts over the first two turns gave me gold, more influence cubes and a Trusted Friend. Let's ignore the rats (well, not really!) but build up our supplies of influence cubes and gold so that I didn't need to "panic draft" in the later stages of the game. Rich and Josh both went out with their carriages, but soon found themselves short of gold. Heh, heh, heh!

Notre Dame was all mine in the first round, so a lovely 8 points.

The second round was tighter, and rats nibbled at my VPs and influence. Josh and Rich managed to avoid them, but I couldn't. Eek!

Rich joined me in Notre Dame, and we split the 4 points. Josh might not have been with us, but he was doing nice things in a park; watercolours, perhaps. However, he had a bunch of scattered influence around the board and not enough focus.

As the game proceeded towards its end, Josh and I went to Notre Dame - I paid a lot of gold to gain VPs, but Josh was really struggling at this stage and could only afford 1 gold (and not to hire someone at the end of the phase). We each had only two influence in our parks, so that was pretty much a wash.

Final scoring came along, and my early focus on gold paid off: I'd the Notre Dame points. Merric 54, Josh 40, Rich 40.

I really enjoy Notre Dame; you have to adapt your strategy as the other players provide blocking moves, and the plague is always in mind.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.