Subject: How to expand empire with no armies "in reserve"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tomic
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
having never played the game, but hopefully will do in a very recent future I would like to know how to understand a ruling and an example in the rule book.

Let's suppose that I have two red armies in Babylon and my opponent expands into Shuruppak. He then chooses not to repeat "expand empire" action, and once it is my turn again, is it possible for me to attack with my two red armies into Shuruppak? It says that losses etc must come from the "available stock". If I have no such units, supposedly already having finished my expansion previously, then I can't attack Shuruppak?

I was just curious since on page 8, example 2 in the rulebook, it says that "Red could not expand into Akkad as this would be expanding against the direction of the arrow" - would this mean like: "as opposed to expanding into Shuruppak since there is no arrow"?
I don't think so but it would be nice just to be sure.

Thanks in advance! :-))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, once you place an army onto the board, it does not move afterward. This is why, if you want to expand into a new area, you must take an additional army out of your supply. If your supply of armies runs out, no more expanding for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tomic
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric!
That settles it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.