Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Reaper Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Merchant "trading"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Davignon
United States
California
flag msg tools
The Merchant card says that I can "trade with a character that I land on by exchanging any one object of mine for one of theirs".

Does this mean I can rip them off? (Trade a low-value object for something like a talisman.)

Or does the other player get a choice in the matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
They have no choice. At least they get something... unlike the Thief's ability to steal.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, actually the new Merchant is a watered down version of the old one. In 2nd ed. he could trade Object OR 1 Gold for any Object from the other char .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squashed wrote:
Does this mean I can rip them off? (Trade a low-value object for something like a talisman.)

Of course you can't rip them off. No self-respecting merchant would ever stoop to such lows. I'm appalled at the very idea.

You can, however, do the other player a huge favor by providing him or her with a rare limited edition heirloom-quality long-term investment opportunity guaranteed to increase in value - like, say, your spare axe ("It slices! It dices!") - at a low, low price - like, say, the other fellow's horse and cart.

(Of course, don't forget to double back two turns later to pick up all the stuff the other fellow was forced to drop upon swapping his beast of burden. That way, you'll have even more inventory to continue making other players happy.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E Decker wrote:
You can, however, do the other player a huge favor by providing him or her with a rare limited edition heirloom-quality long-term investment opportunity guaranteed to increase in value - like, say, your spare axe ("It slices! It dices!") - at a low, low price - like, say, the other fellow's horse and cart.

(Of course, don't forget to double back two turns later to pick up all the stuff the other fellow was forced to drop upon swapping his beast of burden. That way, you'll have even more inventory to continue making other players happy.)

Hehe, I forgot too over on the FFG forums that H&C and Mule are now Followers, not Objects .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Hehe, actually the new Merchant is a watered down version of the old one. In 2nd ed. he could trade Object OR 1 Gold for any Object from the other char .

The Merchant was my favorite character in 2nd ed. I loved trading bags of gold or water bottles for magic objects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.