Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
yesterday I played another COTE2 game with a couple of friends.

Nice alliance auction in 3 players!!! (Alliance A 2 players and alliance B 1 player).

Questions arised:
1) Buying a Senate Vote Card use the same action as "Buy a Conquest Card"?
as to say that you can only buy 1 per turn and also if you buy it you cannot buy another 1 Conquest Card.
A friend of mine rised this question because card back are different, so they seem to be different type of cards.
We played that buying a "Senate Vote" card counted as action "Buy 1 Conquest Card".

2) Calling a Senate Vote: near the end of the game I managed to have more Influence in Italy and I also had 3 "Senate Vote" cards and all other players previosuly played all their "senator cards".
Once per campaign I called 3 "Senate Vote" (the ones I own) at a cost of 0 Action. I started offering 1 senator card and due to lack of cards from my enemies I win immediately the Senate Vote.
Also having more Influence in Italy I got back the card I played.
Is this right?
Can I win the senate vote using 1 single card and get it back in hand for having more Influence in Italy?
we played YES.

Hoping to be clear.
Thank you in advance
Alessandro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Caesar wrote:
Nice alliance auction in 3 players!!! (Alliance A 2 players and alliance B 1 player).

Yeah, I like this game with three, partly because the alliance bidding is so brutal.

Caesar wrote:
We played that buying a "Senate Vote" card counted as action "Buy 1 Conquest Card".

Yes, Senate vote cards count as Conquest Cards. (On page 6, where it's describing Conquest Cards, Senate vote cards are included.)

Caesar wrote:
Can I win the senate vote using 1 single card and get it back in hand for having more Influence in Italy?
we played YES.

Yes, I don't see anything prohibiting this. Note that Miss Manners frowns on laughing at your friends for more than a minute or two when you do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Note that Miss Manners frowns on laughing at your friends for more than a minute or two when you do this.

YEAH!
My laugh grew stronger and stronger while "casting" (one at a time) all 3 Senate Vote cards I had in my hand.
That way I earned Talents, Influence and Victory Points without losing even a single Senator card.
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.