Subject: Getting people to play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to play this game but I have a hard time getting people to try it because there really aren't any good starter or theme decks that you can just pull out and play, like there are for Magic: The Gathering. I do have the Hellboy collection plus, I think, every starter, but none of these, except hellboy, are really good starter sets. Even with Hellboy, it would be nice to have a FF4, Batman, Joker, X-Men, etc. deck that someone could just pick up and play.

So, I was wondering if there are people out there who are familiar enough with this game could post some good starter decks, preferably without any rares? Or, could take one of the existing starter decks (batman/joker, spider-man/doc ock, etc) and enhance those? That might be a good way for me to get people to play a game or two in-between other games at our game group. Unfortunately, I've never been one for deckbuilding. I prefer to just pick up the deck and play.

Thanks.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you. I'm not a huge fan of the deckbuilding either. I just want to play! I understand that you'd like to get some real life games going with your friends, but you might consider playing it online as well. I play via LackeyCCG. You can create and play with any deck you want.

If you go to any VS fan site, you'll find a 1,001 decks, but I don't know how many are oriented towards starters. I don't care much for any of the decks on these sites because they're tourney oriented which means they are far more focussed on winning than they are fun or common sense. This'll make them unsuitable for new players since no newbie wants to be crushed by some wacky combo on Turn 4. But there may be something there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I hear you. I'm not a huge fan of the deckbuilding either. I just want to play! I understand that you'd like to get some real life games going with your friends, but you might consider playing it online as well. I play via LackeyCCG. You can create and play with any deck you want.
I have LackeyCCG and I might give it a try. It is just that I sit in front of a PC all day working so going home to sit in front of one. I'd be willing to give it a try, though. Send me a private message and let me know what your schedule might be and I will see what I can do.

Quote:
If you go to any VS fan site, you'll find a 1,001 decks, but I don't know how many are oriented towards starters. I don't care much for any of the decks on these sites because they're tourney oriented which means they are far more focussed on winning than they are fun or common sense. This'll make them unsuitable for new players since no newbie wants to be crushed by some wacky combo on Turn 4. But there may be something there.
Yeah, I read VSRealms quite a bit. Still have not gotten much as far as "good starters" go.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.