Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After this new version of BGG I have got mail onec or twice a day with notifications of auctions on E-bay for games i have on my "Want-in trade" list. (I don't have them in the crossed in the "notify-me box" Is this a bug or is it a new function. In the latter case, how do I turn it off.

best regards
Johan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read other posts reporting the same, so you're not alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brooks
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten them for two games, Betrayal at House on the Hill, which is only marked Wanted in Trade, and Primordial Soup, which is marked as Wanted in Trade and also Wishlisted. I checked both game pages and I definitely haven't requested updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received notices of new eBay actions for games that were on my "Want to Buy" list. I had not requested any such notifications. Since those same games were also on my wishlist, I just removed them from the buy list completely. I haven't received notices since. I have never used nor configured the adblock function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found the root of this problem ( I think)

It´s not the "Ad Block" function (thanks anyway game Photo)

It is

Go to My Geek, Account, Edit Notification Preferences. And uncheck the "notify me of auctions in my want-list"

I hope this will do it.
best regards

Johan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Tried this the other day and it doesn't work. I've got all four notifications unchecked yet still get loads of notifications of ebay auctions in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
zogthedoomed wrote:
Nope. Tried this the other day and it doesn't work. I've got all four notifications unchecked yet still get loads of notifications of ebay auctions in the US.

Check your collection--do you have individual games marked "notify of auctions" in the status column? This setting overrides the global settings on a game by game basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
zogthedoomed wrote:

Check your collection--do you have individual games marked "notify of auctions" in the status column? This setting overrides the global settings on a game by game basis.

But how do I get rid of 2-3 page long geekmails of eBay listings, and keep only BGG Marketplace notifications?

I changed both the global settings one way, then the other - no effect.
I have not purchased adblock, and am unsure of how to change those settings if I don't have it.

If I remove the notify me of sales/auctions on each game page, do I also remove the notices for the BGG Marketplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.