Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find an answer to this: are cash/shares open to inspection by all players or are they kept secret?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the cash (we usually play that secret), but unless everyone gets their own money from the bank, the banker asks you how many shares you have so you get the deducted amount. With the size of the board to see and reach around it, it would be hard to keep this a secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been discussed, emotions have been fired up many times before...

I think, officially, shares are open knowledge.

But since money is perfectly trackable, it should be open knowledge too, IMO. After all, this is a game of expanding networks and delivering goods, it isn't Memory. Why should the guy with photographic memory be at an advantage. More importantly, I like to lose because of my mistakes, poor decisions and bad strategy, not because I can't add fast and have a bad memory.

artmark wrote:
With the size of the board to see and reach around it, it would be hard to keep this a secret.

Exactly, so just keep money open knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.