Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be a question not addressed in the rules. Of course, what cards you have are secret until they are played, but am I entitled to know the exact card counts of my opponents and they mine? After several plays on Hilinski's website the importance of knowing the card counts of opponents in deciding to battle on or withdraw is critical. In the online game this information is always public.

How is this handled in face to face play?

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every game I've ever played in, players were allowed to ask opponents how many cards they have. As you say, that can be an important consideration in the auction. Allowing this to be secret would seem to lead to silly behavior like stashing your hand of cards that I'd call counter-productive to overall enjoyment. Besides, it's hidden, trackable information. I'd say it's open data, but I don't know of an official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine anyone trying to say the number of cards in hand would be hidden. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you want to keep number of cards in hand hidden?
Remember the old Wild-West rule:
"Anyone who hides his cards under the table is shot immediately!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TermiGator wrote:

You can hold them in one large stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know any game I'd consider the card counts secret. (Before anyone says Acquire, those aren't cards in hand. I'm open to other games I've missed.) But there's an additional reason in the case of Taj Mahal, some cards have different backs and are clearly intended to be visible. And keeping those visible and other cards hidden is really stretching it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
TermiGator wrote:

You can hold them in one large stack.

Acc.
(I wasn't 100% serious as well...)

I have large hands myself. I can conceal a whole number of regular sized cards without anybody noticing that I have any at all.

But I totally agree with your above statement especially the
dcorban wrote:
gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.