Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Power Grid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Step 2: removing lowest plant (once) and highest plant (every turn) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Q
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Burn the land and boil the sea...
badge
You can't take the sky from me...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I don't understand Step 2. Step 3 I get... but Step 2...

Okay, so my issue is this: It says that you're supposed to throw out the lowest numbered Power Plant from the market at the end of Phase 5 of step 2.

Do you still ALSO replace the highest numbered plant (by putting it back under the power plant deck)? Or do you JUST replace the lowest numbered plant?

And, do you throw out the lowest numbered plant for EVERY round of Step 2, or just the first? I'm guessing for every round... but just to be as crystal clear as possible (and because I'm a man of few brains), I figured I'd ask.

So, you've reached the end of Phase 5 on the same round somebody built their 7th city.
Your Real Market is: 17-plant, 27-plant, 30-plant, 32-plant
Future Market is: 35-plant, 36-plant, 42-plant, 49-plant.

Do you: Throw out the 17-plant from the game, replace it (with the... 31-plant, say), then take the 49-plant and place it under the deck, also replacing it (with the 26-plant, say).

OR

Throw out the 17-plant from the game, replace it with the 31-plant, and that's it?

AND THEN, the next round, do you throw out the lowest again? Or just the one time?

See? Simple, obvious question... and I have NO idea of the proper rule! Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Re: A Step 2 Confusion...
Once, between Step 1 and Step 2, you throw away the lowest numbered plant. This does not have to happen at the end of Phase 5. Then the auctions and plant deck proceed as in Step 1.

Power Grid can be a bit clunky, but even understanding everything the exceptions between Steps is what makes me go to the rulebook every time.

I'm informing this post with years of frustration on this point, but I don't have the rules right in front of me. The revised clarified rules don't seem to include this rule, but I'm very certain its there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You throw out the lowest power plant once when step 2 starts.This will be before the bureaucracy phase.Then in the bureaucracy phase you also put the highest plant under the deck.

In your example you should already have thrown out plant 17 before phase 5 starts, then you will also replace plant 49 in phase 5.

In the next round you don't throw put the lowest plant again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/13186

These looks rather helpful, if a bit long winded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Q
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Burn the land and boil the sea...
badge
You can't take the sky from me...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

That actually helps a lot... now that I know, it won't be a problem, but MAN are the rules written poorly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.