Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose getting a decent bonus point occupation in your first hand is a prerequisite for a good score but I have just about finished a series and wondered what I should be aiming for. Whats your best and your average if you have finished a series or multiple series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the solo "Series" rules in the rulebook where you retain an occupation between each round? They give a scoring guide there.

As for what to aim for - as much as possible, surely?

Edit: replaced a missing vowel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
50-64-61-64-67-70-74-77 Is my best score (K-deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mircea Pauca
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second series (E,I,K decks randomly drawn)
67/69/74/80/78/84/77/84
Fence Overseer/Baker/Chief/Clay Deliveryman/Grocer/Merchant/-/Ploughman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the scores with me from my last run through the solo game, but it did seem like higher scores were possible with the I and K decks than the E deck. With the E deck it felt like there were more occupations which didn't help much in the solo game. Mind you, I was more familiar with the solitaire game once I started playing with the I and K deck, so that could have been the reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mircea Pauca
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of very good, robust occupations and improvements in the E deck:
- Baker, Carpenter, Chief, Conservator, Hedge Keeper, Lord of the Manor, Mushroom Collector, Seasonal Worker!
- Animal Pen, (not Axe - hard to get early Stone), Clay Supports, Drinking Trough, Private Forest!, Quarry, Reed Pond,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen Goh
msg tools
A little off topic,but what is the rule for setting a goal score?

Say I scored 50 in game 1, and in game 2 I intentionally set the goal score low at 51, in order to take advantage of the excess food I would get in game 3.

Also, the rules also state that "A player who wishes to play several solo games after another may start each subsequent game with an additional Occupation card that is already played at the start of the game, reducing the number of Minor Improvement cards accordingly"

Does that mean if I keep one occ from game 1 in game 2, I can only draw 6 minors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal can't be set at 51. In the rules the goal is set. I believe it's something like 50 - 55 - 59 - 62 - ...? Don't know it by heart, but there is a list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattgoh88 wrote:
...Also, the rules also state that "A player who wishes to play several solo games after another may start each subsequent game with an additional Occupation card that is already played at the start of the game, reducing the number of Minor Improvement cards accordingly"

Does that mean if I keep one occ from game 1 in game 2, I can only draw 6 minors?

Sounds like an editing mistake. I'm sure what was meant is that you keep one Ock from game 1 and then deal yourself six more Ocks, not Minor Improvements. You always deal 7 new Minors each game, iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chen Goh
msg tools
BaSL wrote:
The goal can't be set at 51. In the rules the goal is set. I believe it's something like 50 - 55 - 59 - 62 - ...? Don't know it by heart, but there is a list.

ahh right. I had to ask cause it seemed like a random series of ascending numbers. I've got the online version of the rules which stops at 65 and goes on to say "etc" . The goal score of 65 is the 6th in the series, so what would be the 7th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattgoh88 wrote:
BaSL wrote:

ahh right. I had to ask cause it seemed like a random series of ascending numbers. I've got the online version of the rules which stops at 65 and goes on to say "etc" . The goal score of 65 is the 6th in the series, so what would be the 7th?

Goal: 50-55-59-62-64-65-66-67

After that, you've won the campaign. You can always play more by adding 1 point after 67: 68, 69, 70, etc.

You always have 7 occupations + 7 minor improvements. In game 2 you'll have 1 occ. from your first game + 6 new random ones. In game 3 you'll have 2 from game 1+2 + five new random occupations. Etc, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.