Popular Tags: [View All]
Ezra Denney
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a 3 player game going on tomorrow. It will be our 3rd game, so we have sort of the hang of the game. I'm wondering if folks have recommendations for a particular blend of characters that play well together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are aiming to get the most balanced experience possible (good luck on that ), I wouldn't use Caprice as she might or might not be in disadvantage because of the absence of Hiro favors (i guess that's the name of the guy). In my opinion, the game is chaotic enough that it doesn't make a difference, but, anyway, when in doubt...

Raymond is also a little bit more powerful with fewer players, because there are less of his damaging memory cards around.

I guess it would left you with the other three .

But if you are just trying the most fun or interesting combinations I think that each player should choose what they think it is fun. Although the game has a lot of player interaction, the characters do not interact with each other, as the interaction is made by the character's own dark cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Caprice is at a disadvantage in favors. My gf in our last game had no problem getting the 3 daniel favors. I haven't looked thoroughly, but other characters seem to also have npcs without favors...

I think each character has advantages and disadvantages. Floyd is great at solving the murder and rachel can place hits and easily do away with at least one suspect, etc... So I agree, just let players choose the character they like and don't worry too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Caprice will slow the game down the most, what with all the looking at other people's hands and such, so you might want to avoid her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.