Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen several posts about people missing one or a few blocks from their game, but I am missing 52 small blocks for the Carthaginian infantry, and I was curious if anyone else had the same problem on this scale? I'm going to contact GMT tomorrow, and I am not complaining about their product, I am just curious because this is a lot of blocks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing that scale - but I was completely missing a set of Roman "rectangle" blocks (5 blocks needed, plus spare/s),]. Contacted GMT, fantastic response and they were in my hands within 6 days (not bad to the UK!).

Can't fault GMT's service!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived last week and I started with the stickers on Thursday. I quickly realised that I was missing 30 of the small grey blocks and 2 of the small black blocks. I emailed GMT on the same day and have not had a reply.

I'm not concerned (yet) because I have heard such good things about their customer service. I hope I get a reply soon though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

Glad to hear their service is so great, I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this as well! BTW, I didn't think people in Europe actually watched American Football surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Boom04 wrote:

Glad to hear their service is so great, I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this as well! BTW, I didn't think people in Europe actually watched American Football surprise

Off topic - but, oh yes, a lot of people do!! and have done for a number of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss something? Who mentioned American Football?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what is it about the human mind that many people think appropriate action is posting here, first, before even TRYING to contact the company?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
Did I miss something? Who mentioned American Football?

Check Boom04's microbadge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
And what is it about the human mind that many people think appropriate action is posting here, first, before even TRYING to contact the company?

What about the human mind reads what it wants to read about a post then posts a reply that inappropriately represents the original post?

I said

Jacovis wrote:
I have seen several posts about people missing one or a few blocks from their game, but I am missing 52 small blocks for the Carthaginian infantry, and I was curious if anyone else had the same problem on this scale? I'm going to contact GMT tomorrow, and I am not complaining about their product, I am just curious because this is a lot of blocks!

Which, you'll note, points out that I'm not complaining, and that I WOULD have contacted GMT already by then if it wasn't midnight on a Friday night, and most importantly that I was JUST CURIOUS as to whether or not I was alone in missing this many blocks.

Thanks for glancing at my post anyway.

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
My game arrived last week and I started with the stickers on Thursday. I quickly realised that I was missing 30 of the small grey blocks and 2 of the small black blocks. I emailed GMT on the same day and have not had a reply.

I'm not concerned (yet) because I have heard such good things about their customer service. I hope I get a reply soon though.

If you don't receive a reply on Monday or Tuesday, I would contact them via the live chat function on their website. They are usually very quick (within 24 hours) at replying to e-mail, BUT I've noticed from other customer posts on CSW that their ISP (like mine) seems to be VERY overzealous about filtering out e-mail from overseas ISPs as spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

Settle down. There's nothing wrong with posting here. It's just friends asking each other for advice. He's just trying to find out how common this experience is. His post here is not offensive. In fact, he said "I'm not complaining" just in case anyone took it that way.

Posts like yours have a tendency to make people more hesitant to post, and one of the nice things I like best about this site is that people, especially new users, CAN post and ask these type of questions. Relax a bit--the OP didn't do anything wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But there are MANY "missing blocks" posts over the years and every one of them ends with "they took care of the problem.'

Why is it the search for common experience has to start with a person's OWN experiences?

If the "it's after midnight" is the rationale, wouldn't MORE info be gained by reading what is already posted?

Okay, he's a newbie here. Look around-- there are pages and pages of posts and responses, and in many cases, answers to questions are already there.

"But who wants to wade through all that stuff?" you ask? Well, one reason there is so much "stuff" is duplicate-duplicate-duplicate threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillW wrote:
But there are MANY "missing blocks" posts over the years and every one of them ends with "they took care of the problem.'

Why is it the search for common experience has to start with a person's OWN experiences?

If the "it's after midnight" is the rationale, wouldn't MORE info be gained by reading what is already posted?

Okay, he's a newbie here. Look around-- there are pages and pages of posts and responses, and in many cases, answers to questions are already there.

"But who wants to wade through all that stuff?" you ask? Well, one reason there is so much "stuff" is duplicate-duplicate-duplicate threads.

Search for missing blocks on the CC:A forums, and tell me how many you see. Using both "missing blocks" and "blocks missing" in quotes on the C&C:A general thread, I see ten threads, including this one, of which three were not threads about missing blocks, but references to other situations entirely, leaving 7. Out of those seven threads, only this one contains people missing more than a few blocks. Which leads to me asking if any one else had missed that many as a point of conversation.

I wasn't looking for "info," I was looking to socialize with fellow gamers about a situation, which I assume to be an acceptable use of the General forums for a game. I'm not going to waste my time with you, but chill out, get a grip, and stop assuming you're smarter than everyone else.

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received my copy of CCA (woohoo!!) and had not planned to open it and get stickering until I had time next week. Having seen this thread, however, I'm going to get block counting today. A very useful post. Thanks for bringing it up.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update! As expected, GMT's service was outstanding, got the email confirmation on Monday and the blocks by Wednesday, plus 4. I contacted them by the in-site email system and then called and left a voice-mail as well, in case anyone wonders what worked for me. Off to apply stickers! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:

Steve their customer service is good but their technology is crap. In the end I had to get a friend to email for me as my attempts to reach them were always getting stuck in their spam folder or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron N. Tubbs
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was missing three grey blocks (rectangle shape) in my set; my emails to their support address seemed to go unanswered. I tried the live chat, got an immediate reply, and was promptly shipped the replacements (and quite a few extras beyond that).

I'm not particularly fond of email support addresses that don't receive prompt response, but having found a quick means of communicating with GMT that works, I really can't complain about their customer service now. Give it a shot, and I'm sure you'll get your blocks replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Tait
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I also had a problem, though not as big a one. About half a dozen small Carthaginian blocks were missing. Given the order in which I was stickering them, these turned out to be the heavy infantry. In the base game this is only a problem in the larger battles, and for those battles I use some of the extra (larger) blocks, unstickered, with at least one small stickered block to indicate what kind of unit it is. I use cavalry blocks to indicate two infantry units and chariot blocks to indicate three. Once the casualties start coming in I switch these out. I haven't found it to be a big problem. Probably I should have contacted GMT, but I wasn't 100% sure that it was their fault, since I didn't count the blocks until the stickering process was well underway and it was possible that I had somehow lost a few blocks. I figure that if I get the first expansion (which I hope to at some point) it will have lots more heavy infantry and I can just substitute those for the battles where I need a big Carthaginian phalanx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.