Subject: Releasedate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King Lear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear RftG fans,

I just found out, that the German publisher of RftG has published the release date on his website http://www.abacusspiele.de/neueseite/.

According to this website the game is scheduled for shipping in calender week 15!!!

I sincerely hope that this is remotely accurate! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the week of April 5-11 (give or take).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems a little too fast. I think it will more likely be in June. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Kosareo
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quit playing games with my heart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph DiMuro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy: October 2007
The Gathering Storm: October 2008
Rebel vs. Imperium: October 2009

That's my prediction, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrojH wrote:

Yep, the first expansion (and the original game as well?) took a lot longer to release than the original estimates suggested.

The latest RGG news from their website (posted a few days ago) says it "will most likely release i[n] the second quarter". I believe they now have a policy of not announcing specific release dates/months until the game e.g. has been printed or is at the printers. So I wouldn't get my hopes up* until they announce something more definite - there seem to be many things that can hold up the process. The pictures of English components are promising, but there are things like translations into numerous other languages, and incorporating the card contest winning entries (which need artwork, rulebook changes etc), that could still delay the release.

* Who am I kidding, I'll still get my hopes up despite past experience and everything I've written above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrojH wrote:

Well, April + 6 month delay = October, so yeah, that sounds about right. Of course, it will be pushed back to May, June, July/August, mid-September, and finally October before actually being released, rather than just telling us October to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually don't mind if it takes a little longer - we're still getting good mileage out of TGS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reasons the first expansion came out so late is because Rio Grande didn't want to release it before the 2nd printing of the base game. At that time Race was sold out everywhere. This time around there are plenty of base games on the market so there should be no delay for that reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One of the reasons the first expansion came out so late is because Rio Grande didn't want to release it before the 2nd printing of the base game.

Funny, they didn't say that at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Teng
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
That release date is for the German version right. I believe it will take a while before Rio Grande produces the English version, i agree that Oct seems to be a likely time for it. And yeah, im still enjoying TGS as well, i cant wait for this expansion too, as my group is 6 player usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tyler
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I'm a little confused as to why you think the English version will be substantially delayed from the German version. For TGS, it was only a couple of weeks between the European release and the American release. This time amounts to the time to ship a container and clear customs.

Also, if I am not mistaken, I think RGG is the primary publisher of this game, and not just the translator and importer, as they are with many other games (Puerto Rico, for instance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for RftG, the English version is designed first, then it is translated into other languages. I believe that the printing is all done together to save on costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onigame wrote:
Yes, for RftG, the English version is designed first, then it is translated into other languages. I believe that the printing is all done together to save on costs.

I'm still waiting for my special edition Klingon-language set. Everyone knows the Klingons sided with the Imperium. There's no honor in rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Lear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calender week 15 is next week. Still the website of the German RftG publisher "Abacus Spiele" shows CW 15 as estimated release date. I have my hopes up and ready to be devastatingly crushed. :)
So far the other spring releases of "Abacus Spiele" were on schedule.

NEXT WEEK!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RGG shows the release date as May.
http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=301

Same as Dominion:Intrigue, and Jay said that that game would be shipping in June. So probably roughly the same for RvI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll buy no matter how soon they release it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory, The Gathering Storm was available in Europe a couple of weeks before the US. (I think it may be printed in Germany, so the delay would be due to shipping/customs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Lear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it is official. My hopes were crushed as expexted :)
This can be found on the German publishers website since today:

Die 2. Erweiterung für Race for the Galaxy Rebellen vs. Imperium voraussichtlich in KW 22

Calender week 22 is the new release window!!! They postponed the release for almost two month. I knew that it would end like this, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, chin up... it's not over 'til the 6-Dev is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Vance
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how long after calender week 22 will it take to make it to the states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From old threads in the Gathering Storm forum, it looks like that expansion turned up in US stores about 3 weeks after the German edition was in German stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rex kitchen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
My local game store said their order arrieves May 13, firm! They seemed confident about the ship date.

Heres Hoping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Stuver
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this straight off Boards & Bits:

Quote:
Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs. Imperium UPDATE (04/25/2009) NEW
I just received word from Rio Grande that Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs. Imperium is now expected in July.

July must be just a fancy term for December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninebreaker2 wrote:

July must be just a fancy term for December.

A firm date will be set for this (and Dominion: Intrigue) when they are actually on the store shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.