Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3-4 Player Quick Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player gets 2 Strategy Cards and only uses the lower Initiative number. This I totally get.

But what I don't get is how many player turns there are. Are there 3/4 player turns? or 6/8?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
to be honest, I don´t really get your question.

The number of player turns (called "actions" in the game) equals the number of command tokens each player is willing to spend, plus cards played "as an action" plus the special action of each of the strategy cards (except initiative, which doesn´t have one). These actions take place one at a time according to the number of the strategy card (in this case the lower of the two), until a player passes (he must carry out his strategy card action before that). Usually, there are roughly 3-6 actions per player per turn. Note that each player only gets one action, then the next player with the next higher number and so on.

Sorry if this is not an answer to your question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the strategy cards are just cards you have to use during your turns they dont give the number of turns youy play, thats decided by you and how many command counters you are willing to spend that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused.

We play the game like this:

person with lowest initiative number goes and has his action, then the person to his left and so forth. once every has passed, the person with the next lowest initiative number goes and has his action and so forth.

basically we have strategy phase, then action phase is a series of mini rounds, then status phase.

totally off the mark?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m sorry, but this seems totally wrong.
You start with the strategy phase, where every player starting with the one with speaker token and then clockwise claims one strategy card.
Then there is the action phase, in which every player IN THE ORDER OF THE STRATEGY CARD NUMBER plays ONE action or passes, then again in the order of the strategy number and so on, until everyone has passed. (Players who have passed don´t get any more actions in this action phase, with the exception that they still can perform secondary actions triggered by the primary strategy actions. These secondary actions go clockwise from the player with the primary action.)
After that, it´s status phase, where player order usually doesnt matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it now. Thanks. Boy this game is confusing to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A good description of how the game plays can be found here:

http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hallstrom
United States
Indiantown
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Without playing with someone that already knows the game, it takes a couple games to understand everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.