Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about picking up a board by the Hilinski brothers for a year and a half or so. I'm a teacher and during the winter and summer breaks I always seem to find my way back to looking at all the pics on BGG and at the Hilinski website. I've never played crokinole and the boards are pretty expensive so I've never bought in the end.

What made the difference for me this winter break was finding some crokinole videos on YouTube. I'd never actually seen the game in motion and that sold me.

A month ago I worked out the details with Stan and Penny. Below is the picture that I sent Penny. My family spends a lot of time during the summer at my wife's parents' beachhouse. That's where the gazebo is. (In case of any copyright issues, I took the picture.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here is the board itself. I won't see it in person for another few days, but I'm very excited with how Penny captured the feeling of walking towards that gazebo. Can't wait to play some croke on our family board!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Penny and the Hilinski's do great work.

Bob
(Owner of "Dynasty")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McElveen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Mmmmmm..... Beer. Glug glug glug....
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that a crokinole board is an essential accoutrement to a beachhouse vacation, and I made a beach-themed board myself.

Please tell me you are going to take your gazebo board to the beach so that you can sit in the gazebo and play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice board! I can't for you to school me at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the positive comments. Just got FedEx tracking info from Carl... hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

To Tim, I look forward to schooling you but I'll need to go to "Crokinole Camp" first since I've never played or even seen a board in person.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe my Pitchcar experience will finally become a marketable skill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board came today. It is absolutely beautiful. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Probably means more to me since the scene brings up such great memories of many summers.

One slight bummer is that the scene is slightly tilted so that the path and roofline don't match up with the quadrants. Hopefully I'll just get used to that.

Game is a blast though and as soon as one games over you want to start another!!!

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it to school...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kenel
United States
New London
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome board Rob. I've been exchanging ideas with Penny and Carl about getting a board made this summer. This just makes me all the more anxious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
Take it to school...

I'm sitting in study hall right now and we're having a 2-man team competition. It's definitely a big hit with the students. Great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definitely use Crokinole to teach gemoetry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.