Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there

Anyone who plays Arkham Horror [or Runebound for that matter] knows that the number and type of cards used in the game can take over your table in absolutely no time.

I've found a good solution but I'm short a couple of the type of card trays I need. Problem is, I'm at a loss for what game I pulled them from to begin with. I know the game is a thift-store staple, so (1) I'd like to identify what game this particular tray came from and (2) buy or trade for a few more if anyone out there has some to part with.

First, the tray I'm looking to identify [pref. without the coffee stain ]:

It's perfect for the various encounter cards (since those stacks tend to be short and get reshuffled after every pull). In addition to identifying which game they came from, I'd love to get 2 or 3 more of these if anyone has some to spare [but just knowing what game they came out of would be a good start]. For reference, they're the same size and shape as the 2-card versions provided in the old Parker Bros. political game Landslide, so I presume they're from a PB game of about the same early 70s vintage

Next up, the other sort of card tray I'm looking for comes out of the mid-60s through maybe the 1980 version of Probe. They're exactly the right size for the small Arkham Horror item/spell/etc. cards. You can see them here:

I'm personally looking only for the flat tray on the left as I have at least a dozen of the stand-up holders; but I've provided an image of the other sort in that game as an FYI because they're also great for cards that size, but most useful for short stacks as the slots aren't all that wide--say for like Wings of War or maybe Dungeon Twister cards [don't remember how tall the stacks are in the latter]. I wouldn't have thought to have to ask about this one since this game is a total thrift store staple, but the last 5 copies I've found were either missing the trays or they were in rough shape. I'll take as many of these as can be spared.

$/GG/parts trades/whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you've got any you're willing to move on to a poor ol' Ameritrasher trying to contain the hideous table-sprawl endemic to many FFG games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I know a couple shops that have Probe on the shelf. I can check for the trays, if you want to cover cost/shipping. Cost is usually $1 or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msbtch2u wrote:
I know a couple shops that have Probe on the shelf. I can check for the trays, if you want to cover cost/shipping. Cost is usually $1 or less.

PM inbound. [But, please do keep 'em coming folks!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about something like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall seeing a picture here of someone using business card holders to contain Arkham sprawl [was that you AOU?]. Thanks much for the reminder....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check my probe copies when I get back to Michigan but that won't be until Feb. 20. If you have all you need before then, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.