Popular Tags: [View All]
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It looks like AP is about to finally finished their ill-starred warehouse move from Virginia to Alabama (I believe), and they've got 5 games they don't want to move slashed down dramatically

Great War at Sea: Cruiser Warfare
Retail Price: $49.99
YOUR Price: $15

Second World War at Sea: Strike South
Retail Price: $59.99
YOUR Price: $20

Austerlitz
Retail Price: $29.99
YOUR Price: $12

Strange Defeat
Retail Price: $19.99
YOUR Price: $8

Panzer Grenadier: Guadalcanal
Retail Price: $49.99
YOUR Price: $15

The only one of these I can speak to is Guadalcanal, and while it's not my favorite game in the series, it's easily worth $15 bucks, especially if you have face to face opponents and can use the hidden Japanese rules

The War at Sea games are well-regarded, Strange Defeat less so, and I don't know anything about Austerlitz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The system behind Austerlitz is sound. It is similar to what they used in Queen of the Celts and their other Napoleonic series games and to what Compass Games has just released in their Spanish Eagles game. Just be aware that their was a rather disconcerting counter problem. The French counters were printed on top of a rather busy design making it difficult for many to read the counters without serious eyestrain and effort. AP caught major flak from their clientele on that one. To their credit, they posted new improved counters on their website, although you do need to download, print out, and mount them yourself. I have not bought the game myself because I suck at such tasks. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the Austerlitz info, Jon.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Ms. Fulda of AP also said that these games will not be reprinted, so this may be one of your last chances to get your hands on these. Guadalcanal is currently the only source of Japanese and Marine counters that get called on in the Alaska's War and Secret Weapons supplements, if that makes a difference to anyone

edit: good catch on the link. I was in a hurry making waffles when I posted and forgot that vital bit of info

edit 2: also forgot that they're still selling unboxed copies of the now OOP Airborne for $10, but there's really very little reason to get that unless you're a PG completist, especially with the far superior Guadalcanal at $15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope the waffles did not get burnt. That would be tragedy !

I have Guadalcanal, and can attest that it is certainly worth the 15 dollar price of entry. The maps are actually very nice, and who doesn't love night fighting and steamy jungles ?

Now I have to go rent "Operation Burma" with Errol Flynn and view that one again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'm the resident AP sale poster. Just kidding, thanks for putting this up...I really don't have room in my budget for this, and at these prices its hard to resist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
resistance is futile... you will be ..BZZZZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets even better...the Buy 2, Get 1 free applies, so I'm grabbing Cruiser Warfare, Strike South and Guadalcanal for $31.50 plus postage.

Edit: Postage on mine was $13.00, so for $44.50 I got $160 of games...I can handle that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
Hey, I'm the resident AP sale poster.

Why do you think I left my waffles to post this up? Had to beat you to the punch

I'm in the same boat - I've been looking to get into SWWaS, and Strike South at $20 is pretty nice, but I just don't think I can afford it right now

(and, thank goodness, the waffles were safe!)

edit: curses, quoted before I edited - that's quite the score, I'm sure a bit ramen-eating is worth such a massive haul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
Hey, I'm the resident AP sale poster.

Why do you think I left my waffles to post this up? Had to beat you to the punch

I'm in the same boat - I've been looking to get into SWWaS, and Strike South at $20 is pretty nice, but I just don't think I can afford it right now

(and, thank goodness, the waffles were safe!)

I've just decided its another week of Bottom Ramen...1/2 the cost of Top Ramen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MMM Ramen ! Food of the Gods !gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Landes
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention is that Ms. Fulda of AP also said that these games will not be reprinted, so this may be one of your last chances to get your hands on these.

She wasn't quite this definitive - what she said was more to the effect of 'we're not sure when, or if, these will get reprinted given the current situation.'

They've got a lot of catching up to do, so while these games might get reprinted (Austerlitz and Guadalcanal being the two I feel most likely to reprint) it may be quite a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this time the deal was too perfect to pass up.

Over the years I've been eyeing the two naval series and more recently the panzer one. This promotion gave a perfect sampling of each at an extremely great price. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the link?

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
On the off chance that people who purchased Guadalcanal in this sale have subscribed to this thread, I'll make my offer here, too:

Guadalcanal is going OOP, at least for awhile, and the Marine countersheet is the only one in the entire series not on BGG. Therefore, I am offering 2 to whoever uploads a photo or scan of the Marine countersheet, bringing your total haul to 3 for one photo. Not a bad deal, eh?

Please refer to my main thread on this to make sure that the bounty hasn't already been claimed: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/382107

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.