Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
josh hostetler
United States
elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played this game but I have just read the rules. I see there is allot of exceptions and little rules associated with the different blocks. Does the reference cards cover all the exceptions and little rules (to speed up gameplay)?

thanks for any info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
numskully wrote:
I have never played this game but I have just read the rules. I see there is allot of exceptions and little rules associated with the different blocks. Does the reference cards cover all the exceptions and little rules (to speed up gameplay)?

thanks for any info

Yes, but in a rather messy hard to read way. They are all there, but it may take you a bit to puzzle them out. Once you have a couple of games under your belt, the exceptions become second nature. The first few scenarios minimize units that have special rules applying to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reference cards in the game are OK, but you may want to look at some of the summaries here on the Geek. Many are more complete than those in the game. (In fact, the game doesn't provide a terrain effects chart at all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gerritsen
New Zealand
Wellington
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar reaction to the rules when i first got the game and was worried i'd be constantly referring to tables etc. But it's really not a problem. Most of the rule exceptions/differences between blocks are pretty easy to remember.
The only oned i really keep having to refer back to are Elephant Rampage and some of the less-frequently used terrain features.
I recommend the game - it really is simple to learn and play, but a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh hostetler
United States
elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Orlando
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes have trouble keeping the rules straight between many of the Commands & Colors games :(

I guess I need to focus on one and stick with it :D

Thanks to all that are playing and posting here!
Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richardborg wrote:

I guess I need to focus on one and stick with it

Do not even jest about that thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.