Popular Tags: [View All]
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't really followed it that closely but it seems with some of the declines I have moderated in the past few days that my geek gold total should be rising faster.

Am I just misjudging what I think I should have or was a change made with the latest upgrade?

Any assistance in clarifying this matter (previos thread(s), announcement(s), or calling my math sloppy) would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/379752
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:

thanks for the info....sorry to see this change

I have modded quite a bit and am not an auto decline person

my stats : (I've been at this maybe a little less than a year)

Of the images you have moderated:
Your Matches for Approval: 12770 out of 14085 (91%)
Your Matches for Declined: 3214 out of 4783 (67%)
Overall Percentage: (85%)

I guess some people must have been abusing the system by declining everything.

Oh well......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SUPER and they can knock it down even further. Nothing is more upsetting than having pictures of old games, that took hours to find, to have some one decline it because it was not cropped right, or saying i should take the picture again. Do note, i believe there is absolutely no point telling the decliner whether it is my picture, or from some one else that has given me permission to use picture. I find it quite upsetting to have a picture declined on rare games over 50 years old that have only few pictures on the item. Some of these old items have special boxes with protruding edges or wonderful art work on edges and sides, but i must take a direct picture from top crop it, just to make sure it does not at all look like the wonderful box it was meant to be seen as. Sorry i do not have all the know how, or fancy programs, to spoil make a phony perfect picture for the photo pro. What i do know is, what most gamers like to see when looking at picture of a game and parts. If pictures of game are over 50 years, lax your approval criteria a bit, else it may never be posted for many to enjoy to the end of time on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm....I wonder why increasing the amount given for approvals wasn't an option.

There were still so many images that were duplicates or irrelevant that still were getting approved with the .10 GG award for declining. Was image declining really that much of a problem? I just looked back at the images I've modded and there are just so very few that were declined (either with or against my vote) that really didn't deserve to be declined.

For those few images, it's very unfortunate that they were declined, but is decreasing the amount of GG given to mods going to solve the problem? It's possible that it could, but it's also possible that it could result in more images getting approved that just clog up the image section of a game's page (e.g., 10 different images of the box top...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmilyMoby wrote:

There were still so many images that were duplicates or irrelevant that still were getting approved with the .10 GG award for declining..........is decreasing the amount of GG given to mods going to solve the problem? It's possible that it could, but it's also possible that it could result in more images getting approved that just clog up the image section of a game's page (e.g., 10 different images of the box top...).

(emphasis mine)

That is exactly what I was thinking...just didn't get around to writing it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand why lower quality pictures are not tagged for removal when a higher quality picture is accepted? That should be like declining a picture, and worth .1 gg i think. This would help the overload of duplicated pictures, but do feel not one person alone should decide on removal unless an admin eh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.