Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available for pre-order at Funagain with an anticipated release of June 2009. Here's the description from that site:

Pandemic: On the Brink adds new roles, new variants, and new diseases to the game. Some new roles include the Archivist, The Generalist and the Bio-Terrorist. That's right, you can even play against this role while fighting the game itself. Variants include mutations, 5th player rules, new special events to add to the game. A 5th disease can be added to the game under some variants. What's cool is that you can mix and match the variants, rules, roles, etc.

Z-man will be supplying petri dishes to hold the disease cubes with stickers so people can name their own diseases. Z-man also plans to make the pawns smaller and likely will include a full deck of cards from the recent editions so that people who have the first two printings can use these new expansion cards without any issues.

http://www.funagain.com/control/product/~product_id=020079

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
80sGirl wrote:
Z-man will be supplying petri dishes to hold the disease cubes with stickers so people can name their own diseases.

Heh, good thing I got petri dishes from eBay to make my own...

Seriously, that's cool, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great catch, I'm super excited. Now I just need to put together enough games to make a good order (too darned many preorders to wait till they all clear...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool... This sounds like a good expansion. The "little extras" are nice, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
80sGirl wrote:
Z-man will be supplying petri dishes to hold the disease cubes with stickers so people can name their own diseases.

Heh, good thing I got petri dishes from eBay to make my own...

Seriously, that's cool, though.

I bought different size petri dishes for mine last summer...definitely adds something to the theme of the game as well as providing a neat storage space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel M.
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow...this will be a must have

I checked for news about the German version of the expansion, but couldn't find anything on Pegasus.de, 12Spiel.de, Spieloffensive.de or Amazon.de. I hope they won't let us wait too long

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great, can't wait for it to become available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Todd
United States
Canton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the sound of the 'smaller pawns' bit though...that will look rather awkward combined with the original game pieces!

Still very excited about this though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, then I guess I need to bug Zev at Prezcon to see if we can try it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fadeproofvision wrote:
I don't like the sound of the 'smaller pawns' bit though...that will look rather awkward combined with the original game pieces!

The pawns are monstrosity's. I've though about printing my own board bigger just to make the board match the pawns. I've also thought about replacing the pawns with my own smaller ones but then I'd have to paint them and I'm lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fadeproofvision wrote:

I got the sense that it meant they'd be replacing the original pawns with smaller ones, in addition to adding new smaller pawns for the new roles. Just like it says they're giving you the old cards again, I bet they give you the old pawns again, just smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
fadeproofvision wrote:

I got the sense that it meant they'd be replacing the original pawns with smaller ones, in addition to adding new smaller pawns for the new roles. Just like it says they're giving you the old cards again, I bet they give you the old pawns again, just smaller.

Tom is right.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jun 09? That gives me time to actually open my copy and start playing it. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev,

You should ship first copies to Australia.

Firstly, because we need the relief after all the droughts, firestorms and flooding rains.

Secondly, because we're a good bunch of blokes!

And finally, because I'm sure we've purchased more games of Pandemic per head of population? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cackler
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Zev should bring a copy over to my house first and let me make sure it is upto the high levels we expect from Z Man games.

Seriously, this looks nice. Can't wait to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No!, my house first please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max raymond
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know when a page is gonna be created for the expension on BGG? I would love to add this to my wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tournedisque wrote:
Does anybody know when a page is gonna be created for the expension on BGG? I would love to add this to my wishlist!

I think there probably needs to be a little more info about the game, and maybe a picture, or maybe someone just needs to submit it.

How about some good ol' speckyoolayshun about the new roles mentioned? Here's my guess...

Archivist: Can keep up to 9 cards in their hand. Or 10? 8?

Generalist: (one who has broad knowledge and skills in several areas) I'm not really sure how that would be represented... Maybe, on their turn, they can use the ability of one of the other players. Problem with that is, they could just do the same thing every turn, and you could have two medics or two scientists for the whole game. Hmm, it's probably something like that, but with some limitation for how it's used.

Anyway, whaddya think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
tournedisque wrote:

I think there probably needs to be a little more info about the game, and maybe a picture, or maybe someone just needs to submit it.

How about some good ol' speckyoolayshun about the new roles mentioned? Here's my guess...

Archivist: Can keep up to 9 cards in their hand. Or 10? 8?

Generalist: (one who has broad knowledge and skills in several areas) I'm not really sure how that would be represented... Maybe, on their turn, they can use the ability of one of the other players. Problem with that is, they could just do the same thing every turn, and you could have two medics or two scientists for the whole game. Hmm, it's probably something like that, but with some limitation for how it's used.

Anyway, whaddya think?

I agree about Archivist.

Generalist, I was wondering it might be that they are guaranteed an even distribution of diseases? So, for example, if they have 1 yellow, 1 black, and 1 red, they get to keep drawing cards until they get a blue. And the wrong colored cards would be sent to the bottom of the player draw pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Generalist, I was wondering it might be that they are guaranteed an even distribution of diseases? So, for example, if they have 1 yellow, 1 black, and 1 red, they get to keep drawing cards until they get a blue. And the wrong colored cards would be sent to the bottom of the player draw pile.

I guess it depends whether they use the "knowledge" or "skills" aspect of a generalist, or both. Your idea would cover the knowledge, and mine the skills. I'm not sure how having all different colored cards would be that useful, though, unless you can pass them on easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Foley
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:

I guess it depends whether they use the "knowledge" or "skills" aspect of a generalist, or both. Your idea would cover the knowledge, and mine the skills. I'm not sure how having all different colored cards would be that useful, though, unless you can pass them on easily.

Something the generalist could do is allow them to find the cure for any disease if they had one of each color. Though that only would mean they need 4 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the Generalist could cure a disease with 3 of one colour and 2 of another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
Maybe the Generalist could cure a disease with 3 of one colour and 2 of another?

I think that's too easy to accomplish... I'm thinking 4 of one and 2 or 3 of another... problem with that is it makes that a worse role than the scientist. In which case, I think it will have something to do with using the actions and special abilities of the other roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reric wrote:

Something the generalist could do is allow them to find the cure for any disease if they had one of each color. Though that only would mean they need 4 cards.

That would be way to powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

Anyway, whaddya think?

Perhaps the Generalist will be able to take an extra action per turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.