United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of concerns have arisen during the games that I've played. First, throughout the races there are instances of a player starting to move their sled, and then having to backtrack and start over. The concern is whether they accurately remember where their sled initially started the turn. Second, there is no convenient way of indicating the active player.

A local gamer has come up with a clever solution that resolves both concerns. He took out a spare 6-sided die and placed it under the active sled, arranging the die to show the sled's current position on the top face. The die stays in the initial position while the sled is moved to its new position. The die, by showing the current position, also indicates the balanced sled bonus that may be taken (if appropriate). At the end of the turn, the die is rotated to show the next position and placed under the next sled. Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU ALLOW PLAYERS TO BACKTRACK!!!! It's a race game, there's no reversing backwards to try that corner another way.

Play fast, live with and laugh at the mistakes. If you allow tortuous repeated deliberation over moves it kicks the life out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to get to that point. However, each time I've played it's been with new players, so I've needed to correct their movement flaws, particularly in the first turn. The die probably won't be needed with repeated play, but it's a nice crutch to have for the initial game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Phil. I always cut some slack for first-time players of any game.

Most of the people I play with are casual (as opposed to hard-core) players. It does no good for enticing them to play new games if you never allow take-backs - especially if it puts them in a no-win situation early. Once they're comfortable with the game though ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure any reasonable recounting of moves is fine in any game except Das Motorsportspiel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.