Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Ok I just saw an eBay listing for the Essen promo cards. The bid was up to $41.00 and still accepting! Seriously? Are these 12 cards really sought that much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care too much for the special buildings and don't find myself using them very often (but I haven't played many times and I'm probably not very good). That said, I think this hobby draws collectors, and I know it would bother me if I didn't already have those 12 cards, even though I probably wouldn't use them. So the bids don't surprise me at all, and I bear no ill will towards either the seller or bidders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed up my own copies. One of the benfits of using card sleeves is that it makes it easy to add your own material.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a online gift certificate worth $50 in a Math Trade for the full set. I was rather happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and yet Lookout Games is still offering these for a donation to their African farmers charity. Mine just arrived in the mail today - 3 of us donated together so that less would be spent in shipping costs, and thus more of our money would go to the charity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Monster
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that you could donate on the Look Out games web-site (via a translation program). However, I wasn't able to determine the suggested donation amount. Is there any guideline to an appropriate donation?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
signjc wrote:
I saw that you could donate on the Look Out games web-site (via a translation program). However, I wasn't able to determine the suggested donation amount. Is there any guideline to an appropriate donation?

Thanks!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/373120

That thread has Hanno saying donate what you think is appropriate. I asked what shipping costs would be, and Hanno told me

Hanno wrote:
Postage: Letter AIR MAIL (up to 100g):To the EU € 2, to the world € 4

With that in mind, we split the approx US$6 between the three of us to cover shipping/paypal costs, and then donated what we felt was appropriate.

[edit fixing quotes]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well i donated quite a lot for these cards and am very happy that i did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.