United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.tanga.com
The magazine deal of the day. If you enter in the coupon code, the price drops $16.
I subscribed to Games magazine the last time they offered the magazine in November. It took 10 weeks for the first issue to come but it did arrive. It's $16 cheaper than anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea if this is a legit site or not... I just did a quick google ($12.83):
http://www.nobullmagazines.com/product_info.php?products_id=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't read daily newspapers anymore, why would anyone want to read info that had to be ready for press several months before you get the magazine in the mail? Isn't this what BGG is for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wholeheartedly concur.

JeffyJeff wrote:
I don't read daily newspapers anymore, why would anyone want to read info that had to be ready for press several months before you get the magazine in the mail? Isn't this what BGG is for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, GAMES magazine will have a lot of puzzles that you can do in the bathroom, and it appears to have one playable game per issue (usually played with pennies as playing pieces).

The reviews are not really reviews of games at all (just overviews) but having to read about games or puzzles that might otherwise not cross your radar on BGG, could prove occasionally useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The middle section is all crosswords and other puzzles to do in pencil (or pen if you are confident!). Then they have things that older kids might like such as hidden pictures or identify the object from a closeup photo.

Plus they usually have a fun contest each issue. My goal in life used to be to win one of these, or at least get a Games T-shirt.

So, for news and reviews, it's not worth it, no. But it's a fun magazine that several family members could enjoy, and that's a good price.

(Despite fond memories, I won't be getting it though. It's enough just trying to finish the crossword in the back of The Nation every week for me!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamb
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP! I have always been interested in this magazine and I can't go wrong for fourteen bucks for a year of bathroom material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starspangledgirl wrote:
The middle section is all crosswords and other puzzles to do in pencil (or pen if you are confident!). Then they have things that older kids might like such as hidden pictures or identify the object from a closeup photo.

Plus they usually have a fun contest each issue. My goal in life used to be to win one of these, or at least get a Games T-shirt.

So, for news and reviews, it's not worth it, no. But it's a fun magazine that several family members could enjoy, and that's a good price.

(Despite fond memories, I won't be getting it though. It's enough just trying to finish the crossword in the back of The Nation every week for me!)

Exactly how I feel about it. Good for the kids and me. We do have to stop staring at the screen every now and again.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deal is dead. It's now "Cowboy" magazine. That's the icing on the cake...

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdefrisco wrote:
I have no idea if this is a legit site or not... I just did a quick google ($12.83):

I don't know, but the fact that the reviews in the lower left ON THE SITE ITSELF say it's a scam might be a bag sign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL... holy cow! Incredible.
wow
adreeve wrote:
cdefrisco wrote:

I don't know, but the fact that the reviews in the lower left ON THE SITE ITSELF say it's a scam might be a bag sign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheylon wrote:
The deal is dead. It's now "Cowboy" magazine. That's the icing on the cake...

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Other deals on Games magazine:
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/games.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.