Subject: improvements and occupations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Günter D'Hoogh
Belgium
Wespelaar
Brabant
flag msg tools
When playing last night we were not at all certain about following items: players get 7 occupation cards and 7 minor improvement cards at the start of the game.

1. Can they ever get more cards from the "remaining" pile next to the board (in other words can you "buy" cards from that remaining deck) or can they only play those 14 cards (7 minor improvements and 7 occupations) which they had from the start?

2. And when exactly can you play an "occupation card"?

Sorry for these rather silly questions but we are "beginners"!

Thanks in advance!

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
No, you cannot get more cards. You only have what you start the game with.

You can play an occupation card when you put a family member on the "1 Occupation" action space. Depending on the number of players, there will be more than one of these spaces available and they each have a different price to play the occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
No, you cannot get more cards. You only have what you start the game with.

I believe that there are 1 or 2 cards that allow you to get more cards. But in general, you are correct that drawing more cards is not a normal part of the game.

You can also get additional cards that are passed from other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter D'Hoogh
Belgium
Wespelaar
Brabant
flag msg tools
Thank you very much guys! We played it right then, but being the kind of rules lawyers we are (Magic's fault ) we thought when an action space didn't specifically mention "play" a card, there maybe was an option to take one from the deck of remaining cards!

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.