United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About two years ago, I played Ticket to Ride which began my descent into the depths of gaming geekiness. I've brought along several family members with me, including my wife. Of course, none of them has gone quite as far as me.

Still, my wife used to just be a really cool woman who could dance well and has a wonderful singing voice and enjoys action movies. Now, I am wondering if she has sunk a little deeper into the gaming quicksand with me.

We've played four player Agricola several times and my parents gave us Agricola for Christmas as they love it as a two player and thought we would too. We played it with just us two for the first time two nights ago and it was great - no surprise. The only problem, as many have mentioned on this site, is that the set up and take down time is so significant. I mentioned to her about how I'd heard that some people on BGG were getting storage boxes so that they could keep all their pieces separate and just pull out the container and open it when it was time to play.

Little did I know how much she was listening. She counted out how many compartments were needed, determined how much space was needed per compartment and went in search for the right container. When I arrived home from work yesterday, the first thing she showed me was the Agricola organizer (actually a craft accessory organizer) that she had purchased and filled with all of the bits.

So the question remains, what have I done? shake And, whatever it is that I've done, I sure am glad I've done it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
Netherlands
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She sounds like a kindred spirit to me I LOVE little organizing boxes and often think about them when playing games with loads of little bits!

Apparently, You have created a monster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Fuini
South Africa
Durban
KwaZulu Natal
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show us a photo of the organiser (the box not the wife).

PS I am green with envy regarding your wife and her support of "your" habit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you've done is found yourself a fantastic wife! Count me green with envy, too.

It seems to me you're trying to pass off this thread as asking for help, when you're really just bragging... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bnordeng wrote:
About two years ago, I played Ticket to Ride which began my descent into the depths of gaming geekiness. I've brought along several family members with me, including my wife. Of course, none of them has gone quite as far as me.

I think you mean "ascent" and "heights"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bikini wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Show me the wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
bikini wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Show me the wife.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, we can compromise. Show us both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to actually sort the parts before playing. All of the building materials go in one bag. Food, grain, and veg go in another. Dump them into two piles. Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't this be in the "Women and Gaming" forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bnordeng wrote:
...my parents gave us Agricola for Christmas as they love it as a two player and thought we would too...

Are your parents on the 'geek as well?

Sounds they'd fit right in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They visit the site frequently, but I don't think they've registered yet. Though, I am encouraging them to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
bnordeng wrote:
When I arrived home from work yesterday, the first thing she showed me was the Agricola organizer (actually a craft accessory organizer) that she had purchased and filled with all of the bits.

Post a pic of the storage solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
bikini wrote:

PS I am green with envy regarding your wife and her support of "your" habit.

Me too.
I can get my wife to play some of my games, but does she honestly enjoy them? Eh. Only a couple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final test: Give her a nail-clipper and an unpunched copy of ASL and see what happens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the "Women and Gaming" forum?

NO! surprise

I got chewed out by a woman who Implied it was women to write about games, not about women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Sr
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
The final test: Give her a nail-clipper and an unpunched copy of ASL and see what happens

Reminds me of choosing the ball or the sword in the "Shoguns assassin" (Lone wolf & Cub)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.