Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A local guy is selling these wargames below. I don't play wargames, for various reasons not important here, and my goal is to resell them and make a bit of mmoney. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth "tying" my money in those games. Do they have resell value? Is it worth my effort?

I need your advise. The guy's coming over this Saturday to show me the games. He says that they are hardly used, and even some are unpunched. The games are:

Bull Run (1983)
Submarine (1976)
Waterloo (1962)
Midway (1964)
Panzer Leader (1974)
France 1940 (1972)
Advanced Squad Leader (1985), and
West of Alamein - ASL mod 5

He was asking $150 in Canadian money, but that was with the Croix de guerre ASL mod 10. He's sold it now and is left with the above. I don't know how much he's asking. What do you people think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot talk to the rest of the items but West of Alamein - ASL mod 5 is valuable and if it is good condition can go for over $100 US.
If it is even in ok condition I would play $50 for it. I have have been wanting it ever since I sold my in shrink copy for $125.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
All classic games.

West of Alamein is the only "rare/valuable? one in the lot.

Still, not a bad deal for a lot of classic games.

Anything less than $150 Cdn would be a good deal for the list. A great deal if you could get the stack for less than $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
West of Alamein might get back every penny for you. The rest MIGHT earn you another $50-60, with some wiggle room if everything is in great condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you kept out ASL and the module, the remaining games are worth about only $60-70 by themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer Leader and France 1940 sell surprisingly well if unpunched. Maybe $20 each, or slightly more.

1st edition ASL is probably worth $20 or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bluerock
United States
Mufreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crappy deal. What his address?cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't I ever find these deals? I need West of Alamein, and it is elusive as ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:
Panzer Leader and France 1940 sell surprisingly well if unpunched. Maybe $20 each, or slightly more.

1st edition ASL is probably worth $20 or so.

Depends if its just vanilla ASL or maybe it has extra chapters in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.