Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My original CoC: LCG core set order just shipped today. This was back when the price was more like a typical discounted preorder of around $27 or whatever and before the product-page mixup that had the core sets going down to asylum-pack prices. My set came down to $10 under Amazon's preorder price guarantee.

Since the question of whether these would ever ship has come up, I thought I'd pass that along. I still have an outstanding order for additional core sets (not needed for play, I know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was your additional order for the $10 price or the higher price?

My $10 order hasn't budged yet...

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he got it for $10 or whatever, but he originally put in his order at the $25 level.

This is good news, it means that somewhere down the line I will be getting mine as well. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side, yet semi-related note, I ordered through Overstock.com at the $9.89 price and received notification that mine has shipped as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twinim wrote:
On a side, yet semi-related note, I ordered through Overstock.com at the $9.89 price and received notification that mine has shipped as well.
Are you kidding? My order at Overstock still says "Presale, expected to ship Mar 28, 2009." It said Feb 28th last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
twinim wrote:
Are you kidding? My order at Overstock still says "Presale, expected to ship Mar 28, 2009." It said Feb 28th last week.

Mine too. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from both Amazon and Overstock at under $10 each. Got notice last night that Amazon has shipped me three core sets (of 5 ordered) for a total of under $30, because I got free shipping !

I'm completely stoked.

My overstock order now says 'product sold out' but the order is still active.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chick, when did you place your order at Amazon?

Thanks.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed my order at Amazon November 28th or 29th of 2008.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Amazon order was done November 19, 2008. I was hoping yours was before mine to give me an estimate for when it would be shipped.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck, Michael !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, my first order, at (I think) the original preorder price of around $27, was made on 11/5. When the price came down to $10 due to the product-page mixup, the price of my original order came down to $10. During that time (specifically, 11/20), I ordered three at the $9.95 price to get the free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Mighty Kip
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Amazon pre-order just arrived. And guess what? They sent "The Spawn of the Sleeper" Asylum pack. Not the "Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set" set that was explicitly mentioned on the order. Something tells me they're just playing dumb here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMightyKip wrote:
My Amazon pre-order just arrived. And guess what? They sent "The Spawn of the Sleeper" Asylum pack. Not the "Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set" set that was explicitly mentioned on the order. Something tells me they're just playing dumb here...

That's...that's not good at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how your customer service goes with getting it resolved, DaMightyKip. None of my orders have shipped...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Mighty Kip
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon's repsonse:
Quote:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problem with your "Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game (Cards)". When something like this happens, I'd normally send out a replacement order. In this case, though, we don't have any more stock of the "Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game (Cards)".

I've requested a full refund for your order in the amount of $9.95. You'll see the refund in the next few days. Please return the incorrect item--we'll pay for return shipping.

To print a pre-paid mailing label, visit our website at: http://www.amazon.com/returns/?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

You can use the return mailing label you printed from our site.

From the content of your e-mail I understand that you have worried about the same item listed in our web site at the cost of $39.95.

In this case I kindly request you to please visit our web site when the item available in our web site at the time a place a order and write back with the order number we will ship the item at the cost $9.95 remaining amount we will either reimburse or refund it. I hope you will understand our limitations in this regards.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

So, it sounds like when there's some magical day that they actually do have the core set in stock, then they'll honor the price. But it's up to me to wait until the item is in stock again, and then place my order?

Which is a bit strange as the item page says
Quote:
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

So I'm wondering if I can just go ahead and re-order and have them adjust the price now. Although I still have my doubts that they will actually ever ship this. (I did receive Battle Star Galactica and the Star Craft expansions at good prices from Amazon -- still waiting on the Game of Thrones LCG core set though.)

We'll see what happens...

K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMightyKip wrote:
They sent "The Spawn of the Sleeper" Asylum pack.

Me too, Kip. I looked on the online return form and it says they can't do exchanges, just returns and you'd have to re-order the correct merchandise. In this case it would be at the $40 price of course. I called to return instead and the nice gentleman in India said my original order is still in and it will ship when it becomes available. I don't hold out great hope though.

Donald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too received "The Spawn of the Sleeper" Asylum pack, and not the "Call of Cthulhu Card Game Core Set". I had a bad feeling that Amazon knew they made an error on the price and shipped out the wrong items on purpose so that the original order has been fulfilled and thus they do not have to honor the old $9.99. The lady at Amazon told me they cannot keep this order open at the $9.99 price and I would have to re-order it at the $39.95 price but they are out of stock and don't know if any ore are coming. This sounds fishy to me; any lawyers out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if we all file a complaint with the FTC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the FFG boards some folks say that Overstock has also shipped out the core set very cheaply. I am now awfully interested to hear what THEY receive.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMightyKip wrote:

Ruh rho, Raggy! shake

I'm not sure they're playing dumb. The problem in the first place was that the descriptions got mixed up between the core set and the asylum pack. Nevertheless, I would think that if in "Your Account" that your order links back to the Core Set page, you've got a pretty good case for getting what you ordered.

My account links back to "Call of Cthulhu; The Card Game," which now sells for $40 and is listed as temporarily out of stock.

Suffice it to say, I won't go down the Amazon road again on game preorders; however, they have made me whole on everything up till now, even if it took a goodly while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Suffice it to say, I won't go down the Amazon road again on game preorders; however, they have made me whole on everything up till now, even if it took a goodly while.
Did your order arrive OK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
On the FFG boards some folks say that Overstock has also shipped out the core set very cheaply. I am now awfully interested to hear what THEY receive.

Chick

BGG Overstock thread

It's the same story for Overstock purchases - the Asylum Pack is what's being shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
jpat wrote:
Did your order arrive OK?

Scheduled for Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, if they are sending Asylumpacks instead of the real thing it's really sad.
I ordered 2 coresets from amazon.co.uk with the cheap-price and wanted one sent to me and one sent to my friend as a gift. He is going to be all confused when he gets an asylum-pack and when I explain he'll go:
"Oh. Great gift. 20 cards that are useless unless I pay up 40bucks for a game don't know if I'll like. . . Thanks. . "

And to make matters even worse! If they pull some "return the stuff and we'll un-bill your visacard". . . Well, I just lost my visa-card and has now applied for a new one. . This is just going to be a hell of a bureaucracy-mess. cry

My shipment hasn't left amazon yet, so I wonder if I can send them a mail saying "If you're going to send an asylum-pack then please DON'T BOTHER!!! I want the CORESET understand?" . . But it will probably also just get lost in the bureaucracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.