Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4.1.1 states:

When you draw for commands, decided if you want to save commands or used previously saved commands, and then expend the resulting total immediately... (emphasis mine).

Now, does this imply that you have to choose whether to save (and the quantity to save) or used previously saved commands before you give orders? Does it also mean you can't both save and use previously saved commands in the same activation?

I know that this does not seem to be the case based on EOP, but I am taking the rules in the most direct translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now, does this imply that you have to choose whether to save (and the quantity to save) or used previously saved commands before you give orders? Does it also mean you can't both save and use previously saved commands in the same activation?

Hi, Steven. No to both questions. Simply put, it's not an exclusive 'or.'

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My reading of the rules is that at the beginning of the next turn, you have the option of using any of the commands you saved from the previous turn, but that they do not "carry over" to the next turn.

Example:
Say on turn 1, my XO gets 4 commands and saves 2 of them.
Now, on turn 1, my XO gets 1 command, but I have the previous 2 saved commands.

At this point, when I start expending commands for my XO, they are going to come from my saved amount.

If I chose to only use one of the saved commands, then the other saved command is lost (but then I can save the single command I received this activation).

So its "use 'em or lose 'em".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My reading of the rules is that at the beginning of the next turn, you have the option of using any of the commands you saved from the previous turn, but that they do not "carry over" to the next turn.

Not correct, Matt. The rules simply state previously saved commands. They can be saved from last turn or from 7 turns ago. There is no rule that states that they can only be saved for a turn or they are lost.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well - that will make life a little easier!

Still have the maximum amount of saved commands, but that will help.

Thanks for the clarification Ricky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Still have the maximum amount of saved commands, but that will help

And, remember that an HQ/Staff cannot spend more than 6 in an Impulse [4.1.3].

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Ricky.

No problem at all.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.