Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Variants

Subject: Addition: Dice + Cards + Rules change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilya Slobodchikov
Russia
flag msg tools
Hi everybody!

I really like E&T game, but I also like to customize everything that fall into my hands. So, after playing about 2 weeks of original game, I started thinking how to improve it or make it different.

So, I created a custom game cards and also bought a hexahedral dice. I've changed the rules just a little bit - players start the game from the screen - first player should actually move a leader to a temple, and only then he will be able to 'build' anything (place tiles) in the kingdom, where leader is present. Disaster tiles still can be placed anywhere on the map.

Moreover, when player moves a leader, he must take a card from the stack. There are 20 'neutral cards', which are 'blank', and other cards (40) immediately gives you a treasure, allows you to move on rivers without using dice, gives an option to destroy any enemy's building without using disaster tile, provides you with an armor, and so on...

So, it makes a game different. Cards have a description, reasoning actions, and wonderful pictures are placed on them ) It seems more 'themed', and become more random.

Right now cards are only in Russian (cause I am from Moskow)), but I can translate them, if anyone wants to try this edition. We will play it today with 3 friends, and I can report about the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Slobodchikov
Russia
flag msg tools
Well, we have tried it (3 plays), and it was interesting Does anyone else want to try it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Slobodchikov
Russia
flag msg tools
Seems that everybody likes E&T because of it abstractness and do not want to try something new

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
illi4 wrote:
Seems that everybody likes E&T because of it abstractness and do not want to try something new

Don't know about everybody else, but I like T&E because it is an excellent design as is - by adding cards, dice etc it is turned into something else. It might still be a good game if that's your preference, but it is no longer T&E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.