Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Fagrell
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Dominion seems like the ideal game for lots of expansions. Yet I have heard no rumors of anyone planned. When do you think we can expect to see one?

-----------------------------
monsieursblog@blogspot.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cachia
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions are definitely coming. I know one of the playtesters, though, stupid me I haven't caught up with him to help him playtest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check it out -

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/379888

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mich
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom,

You might want to take a look at this thread.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/379888

regards
stoldti

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the expansion announcements have been quite busy.

Some time next month, a 2-card expansion (Envoy and something else) will be available through BGG.

April or May (so in Gamespeak, October) will see the release of Dominion: Intrigue - a full game complete with 25 new action cards, plus all the treasure and VP cards we already have. (This created quite the debate in the forums.) Naturally, it's all compatible with regular Dominion.

Then, towards the end of the year, another full set a la Intrigue will come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would there possibly be to "debate" about an expansion? People should be thankful that the designers are putting out new stuff to keep the game alive and growing. Too much fussing in this industry, I tell ya. To quote the immortal Charlie Brown, "Good grief!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fagrell
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Aha ... thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
What would there possibly be to "debate" about an expansion? People should be thankful that the designers are putting out new stuff to keep the game alive and growing. Too much fussing in this industry, I tell ya. To quote the immortal Charlie Brown, "Good grief!"

Yes, go check out the thread. It's quite humorous (in a sad, pathetic way) to see so many indignant posts claiming things such as, "What?!?? It's going to contain treasure cards and victory cards too? Instead of just action cards? That's the last straw -- I'll NEVER buy anything Dominion-related again! Whaaaaaa!!!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heart of the debate is that the first "expansion" is not an expansion as much as it is a full game of Dominion including the money and VP cards. Although it has been recommended by the publisher/developer (I don't recall which) that this expansion is not meant for new players, it means the people already owning Dominion will be getting, and paying for, all the duplicate cards they already own. Some people like the idea of getting new cards to replace the ones getting more worn while others don't. Some point out there are costs for development, etc, etc, etc.

It goes on and on but this isn't the place for that discussion. Just trying to save you some reading. Use one of the links if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand if people are happy about having to buy the entire game again to get the expansion. Is there any reason not to trade off your copy of dominion now, if you're planning on buying the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
I can understand if people are happy about having to buy the entire game again to get the expansion. Is there any reason not to trade off your copy of dominion now, if you're planning on buying the expansion?

Maybe losing all the kingdom cards from the original set?
Or not being able to play Dominion until Intrigue gets released?
Or missing the opportunity to play with more than 4 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

Maybe losing all the kingdom cards from the original set?
Or not being able to play Dominion until Intrigue gets released?
Or missing the opportunity to play with more than 4 players?

Not getting to mix Kingdom cards from both sets.

50 choose 10 = 10 272 278 170
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.