Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I have this right, playing the card to the play area lets you take a card, get +1 buy and one more action, keeping in your hand, you can choose not to play it but still get the +1 coin to buy with right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you only get the +1 coin if the card is played. Since it gives +1 action, there's no reason not to play it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Since it gives +1 action, there's no reason not to play it...

Unless you have a damn good reason to want to remodel/cellar it. This would be a rare case though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Or if you have a good reason to not draw the next card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and it goes for all Action cards. Once the Action Phase is over, and you are in the Buy Phase, ignore everything on all Action cards in your hand. Only the Treasure cards count by now.

And if I don't say it now, someone else will later.... You, of course, also get all the accumulated benefits of Actions cards that you played during the Action Phase when the Buy Phase comes along, so extra Coins and extra Buys count still--just not those on unplayed cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if your question was misunderstood by others... you said:

one more action, keeping in your hand, you can choose not to play it but still get the +1 coin to buy with right?

What did you mean by the "it" in that sentence? I took it to mean "it" was the extra action that you gained by playing the market. Seems others thought you meant that "it" was the market card. Please clarify.

If you meant the extra action, then no, you do not have to take the extra action to get the +1 coin and +1 buy... as long as you play the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, re-reading the question with the new interpretation, if you play the Market action, using any or all of the +1 Buy, +1 Action and +1 purchasing power is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
So if I have this right, playing the card to the play area lets you take a card, get +1 buy and one more action, keeping in your hand, you can choose not to play it but still get the +1 coin to buy with right?

Justin, when you play the Market, you must take all of the effects

+1 coin - you get one extra coin to spend this turn, though you do not need to use that coin

+1 action - you get one extra action added to your pool of possible actions to take this turn, though you do not have to use that action

+1 card - you MUST draw a card

+1 buy - you have the ability to buy one more card in the Buy phase, though you do not need to use that buy

So... If you want the +1 coin from the Market, you must play the card as an Action, and you must draw the +1 card. It is up to you whether or not to use the +1 Buy or +1 Action

I hope that clears it up
Dale
They Might Be Developers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I play the card, immediately draw one card, resolve any other actions, then get 2 buys and more coin for those buys, yes?

Thanks for your responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
Ok, so I play the card, immediately draw one card, resolve any other actions, then get 2 buys and more coin for those buys, yes?

Thanks for your responses.

Correct.
Dale
They Might Be Developers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Roberts
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you had to use the +1 buy to get the +1 coin; meaning the extra coin is only for subsequent purcahses beyond the first. Is that incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lindsay-Levine
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skiznillz wrote:
I thought you had to use the +1 buy to get the +1 coin; meaning the extra coin is only for subsequent purcahses beyond the first. Is that incorrect?

That is incorrect. You can play 8 Markets during your action phase, have no additional treasure, and use the 8 market-generated coins to buy one Province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.