Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do folks have an opinion of whether or not the Spielbox Cafe, Canadian Embassy, or Samba School are worth adding to the game?

I am not inclined to add the Cafe or Embassy. I am not keen on producing a good without the need for the source product (sugar or tabacco). Although they are costly to build, it seems like they could potentially flood the market for the associated good. Still, I would love to hear the opinions of those who have played with one or both.

The Samba School seems like a good idea, since it rewards obtaining both goods. The 5VP seems reasonable, but perhaps others have found it otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always worth a try... You can simply make your own building just by writing on a piece of paper. If you want it to be fancy, print out the picture.

Then decide if you want to buy it. I wouldn't pay more than $1 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was only planning on printing out copies, so I did not mean "worth it" in terms of buying the tiles. Instead, I was wondering if people think that the additional tiles improve or detract from how the game plays. I appreciate your reply, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an used the spielbox cafe expansion. It only gets bought about 1 in 5 games. I usually play 2-3 and with so many buildings to choose from. It is alright, but nothing that is a must have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sorry... Well it seems it only adds a different strategy. So if you have a lot of strategies left to test, like me, I don't think you need it. However, if you have played the game a lot and find yourself picking the same strategy all the time, maybe you could test adding one or two new buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.