Subject: Total War Scenario vs 2.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Mosley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased Wizard Kings 2.0 (I'm brand new to the game) and I've been browsing fractaloon's scenario summary (in the files section) to see which scenarios were playable with 2.0 right out of the box.

It listed Total War (pg 32 of the scenario book from Columbia's website) as one of my options. I read that scenario and thought it was one of the coolest things I'd ever read. I can't wait to try it.

But I ran across a problem and I'm having trouble overcoming it:

As the scenario is written, if you don't have enough farmers to feed your cities + refugees in those cities, the difference is subtracted from the gold you earn that turn (Famine).

The problem is, in 2.0 you don't have a treasury. So how do you determine which city or cities take the hit?

The easy fix, of course, would be to play with the first edition treasury rules.
However, from what I've read here, that would imbalance all the A+/B+ wizards. Granted, I've not played the game enough to conclude that on my own - all I have to go on is what people have said in these forums.

One solution I've been tossing around is: for every city/refugee you can't feed, you choose a city that doesn't get fed and reduce it's production by 1. If the chosen city is already at 1, it gets a "ruin" marker until you can feed it again. Or perhaps it gets a ruin marker until you can rebuild it per the scenario rules. Maybe that's too harsh. I dunno.
Alternatively, perhaps the controlling player may choose to reduce a city by 1 or kill off an unfed refugee.

Does anyone else have any suggetions on how to handle the famine problem with 2.0? Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.