Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this included in a normal copy of the game?

What about the Western expansion map? Is this also
part of the ADCIV set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy included no extra place card or player mat and I don't think they are supposed to be.

The Western expansion map was a separate expansion and is not included in Adv Civ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply, but If you a look at the components section of the ADCIV Rulebook then you can see that there is an eighth player mat stated. I just had a phone call with a good friend and he opened his shrink copy for me shake . No Place card and no eighth player mat. So my copy seems to be complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the rulebook is wrong, the back of the box says nothing about any extra player mat or place card, possibly it was originally intended to provide these items and the rules were written with that expectation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The rulebook is wrong (sort of wrong ...it doesn't include the mats, but they might be useful for play).

Adv Civ expands play to eight, so it seems logical it would have included the 8th Mat.....but the back of the box doesn't say it included player mats, and the instructions don't say Adv Civ had player mats, and says the player mats are from the original (3.2). But the original only had 7 mats.

The original players mats also have the wrong Sequence of Play for Advanced Civ as stated in rule 11 and 18, so they would have had to inlcluded 8 player mats with Advanced Civ.

I think it was a typo. I am guessing they thought about including 8 with Advanced Civ with the new sequence of play, but then decided not too (which is why at the end of 3.2 they say to photocopy the new sequence of play to put on the player mats.)

So I think you have a complete copy without an extra player mat for the eighth player.

I think the rule is sort of intended for you to photocopy the new sequence of play, and photocopy another player mat to make 8 (IE The game needs 8 player mats for 8 players, but it didn't include 8 player mats).

I hope this makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
montsegur wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, but If you a look at the components section of the ADCIV Rulebook then you can see that there is an eighth player mat stated. I just had a phone call with a good friend and he opened his shrink copy for me shake . No Place card and no eighth player mat. So my copy seems to be complete

Now that's a friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Youells wrote:
montsegur wrote:

Now that's a friend.

I just can tell you that a shrinkwrapped ADCIV was and is not the rarest game in that room, we opened one year ago MONTAGE to have some fun in the evening and something like that happens frequently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Luck
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also several print-your-own versions under the Files section. The one I posted there is meant to reproduce the original, but I see there are also others there now as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.