Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy of the rules that came with the game, but Family Pastimes was kind enough to email me a Word doc with the rules. I have a question about placing monsters:

When you must place a monster on a path leading into a location, do you place it so it covers an *entire* adjacent path tile, or just the path *segment* leading directly into your location? From one of the pictures of the game here, it appears that you only put the monsters on the segment of the path leading directly into your location, leaving the rest of that tile "navigable" by your pieces.

We started playing that way (just placing monsters on the segments) but it seemed the game would be WAY too easy, so we switched to covering the entire adjacent tile. In that case, we missed the final treasure. So it seems an appropriate level of difficulty, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

-cannoneer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't exactly remember, but it is my recollection that a monster will only block a single door (which makes sense.) If you have another door open you can still exit. If you only have a single door, then you are stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ng
msg tools
My family has always assumed the monsters/obstacles were placed on the entire tile. We feel it gives the game the right amount of difficulty for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBrian wrote:
My family has always assumed the monsters/obstacles were placed on the entire tile. We feel it gives the game the right amount of difficulty for us.

I think that makes sense - I've found that it makes the game too easy if the monsters only affect a single segment on a given tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.