Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #3 – The Roman Civil Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Utica Part 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon K
Netherlands
Zaanstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played Delaying Action solo and have a few questions.

How does the card "counterattack" work in this scenario?
How do i choose flags and crosses? should i just pick whatever seems most beneficial to the Ceasarian army, or should I instead pick what would be best for the Numidian to simulate fiercer opposition?
Do i take flags for units that are killed by rolling flags or crosses?
What happens when i roll two symbols that order a unit of which i only have one type?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon K
Netherlands
Zaanstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c'mon.....anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 month late and nothing official in this response, but I see three ways to handle it:

1) remove Counter Attack's from the deck.

2) when Counter Attack is played, the orders from the previous Numidian turn are given to the Roman Army - whether the Numidian Commander gets to choose which unit is ordered would be another consideration.

3) roll 2d and operate the same as a Numidian turn would go - whether the Numidian Commander gets to choose which unit is ordered would be another consideration.

In the effort of full disclosure, I've never played this scenario, solo or otherwise. I imagine the recommendation for solo play is there because I can readily see a face-to-face game of this scenario ending with the Numidian player punching the Roman commander in the face laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.