John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone here with Blackberry Storm Experience?

I am business to business sales rep for a Xerox owned company. I cover the east side of this county and 4 additional counties east of that. This sales territory that is the furthest from my office. They provided a laptop with VPN link for serious remote work but it's a pain in the ass for checking email.

My home office is halfway between the office and the edge of my turf. I'm a Verizon Customer. They have good local coverage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Curve, but having a blackberry has made my life a lot easier. All of my email accounts are unified in one mail box. I get emails from work, school, and the Corps and now I don't have to check multiple email accounts several times a day to make sure I don't miss something important.

I also goof around on the internet with it and use it as a GPS device.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackberrys in general are great. I don't know anyone with the storm. My practice with the blackberry is to always buy one model behind the new sexy, because you save a lot of money and they have the kinks worked out on the software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SeeKay
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the storm certainly looks cool and its all + style. but what i like most about my BB is tactile buttons and the ability to type with one hand without having to look at what i'm doing. i know it "shakes" but its not quite the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have iphone but I suppose you don't have the option since you have verizon. From what I experienced playing with Storm in the store and reading reviews of it on New York Times etc. it's not as great as they say. For one thing, and this is a big minus, it does not have wifi when you are in any hot spots (like in a cafe or bookstore or hotel etc.).

Another thing that is very annoying is the clicking thing. It might seem like a good idea until you actually use it. It's very hard, and typing an email can seriously make your hand tired. The whole navigation of the OS is not intuitive, I had a hard time to get from one app to another and to go to home screen.

I think you can go to any Verizon store that have the Storm on display and play with it yourself. But even I would suggest you get the previous version of Blackberry like Curve or Pearl, and not the Storm, it's just not polished enough and a failed iphone wanna be.

my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a Palm Centro with Verizon about a month ago (which is offering a good rebate, as well) - and I love it.

Of course, my decision was fueled by the fact that I was upgrading from a Palm TX (non-cellphone), and I didn't want to rekey in my tasks, contacts and calendar info.

The Palm Pre is also coming out soon - which seems to offer more of an iPhone experience. Unless you're 100% committed to getting a Blackberry phone.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my coworkers just got a BB Storm last week. Actually he got two for $199.00 as part of a Verizon deal AND got 25% off the Verizon bundle price because we work for a Xerox owned company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.