Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith gell
United Kingdom
eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game where a player planted 2 grain on the small holder card, I think that is not what the card does, an I correct?

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Levy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that is not what the smallholder does.

This is what the smallholder allows you to do:

When you have 1 or 2 Fields plowed, your 1 grain turns into 4 grain(instead of 3) and your 1 veggie turns into 3 veggies(instead of 2) when you use the "Sow" action. The bonus is applied to your plowed fields. No grain/veggies go on the card.

Also, if that wasn't enough, this card allows you to hold 1 extra animal in each pasture that can currently hold 2. Obviously, this bonus is nullified whenever a stable is built in the 1 field pasture that currently received the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't sow on the Smallholder.

Smallholder allows:

- Your pastures that can hold 2 animals can hold 3 animals.
- While you have at most 2 fields, add 1 extra grain or vegetables when you sow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HairyPotter wrote:
No, that is not what the smallholder does.

This is what the smallholder allows you to do:

When you have 1 or 2 Fields plowed, your 1 grain turns into 4 grain(instead of 3) and your 1 veggie turns into 3 veggies(instead of 2) when you use the "Sow" action. The bonus is applied to your plowed fields. No grain/veggies go on the card.

Also, if that wasn't enough, this card allows you to hold 1 extra animal in each pasture that can currently hold 2. Obviously, this bonus is nullified whenever a stable is built in the 1 field pasture that currently received the bonus.

Sorry to dig this up, but what happens if I have 3 plowed fields, or if I have the lettuce patch and 2 plowed fields? Do I get the bonus on two of them or just not anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 3 plowed fields: No bonus.

If you have 1-2 plowed fields: Bonus.

It does not matter what minor improvements you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is the bonus one grain/veg in total, or one on EACH sown field ( ie total of 2 goods ) ..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One per field. So yes, if you have two sow two fields, you'll get two extra goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Danny ... but the more I look at this card, the more I think it's a SINGLE extra grain/veg, *not* one on each of the two fields...I'd be interested to know others' opinions ( BTW : Ref is # 286). Cheers / CH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one per field, as per the Compendium. This makes sense, as otherwise it would be a fairly weak card, not that it's terribly strong in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Grey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btizo wrote:
If you have 3 plowed fields: No bonus.

If you have 1-2 plowed fields: Bonus.

It does not matter what minor improvements you have.

This question came up last night while playing. I remember the card reading that you got the bonus if you sowed 1 or 2 fields. If you own 3+ fields but only planted in 2 of them this round (due to either lack of crops or because they were already planted) do you still get the bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Once you have three or more fields, the Smallholder no longer offers a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.