Popular Tags: [View All]
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
8.4 gives the army size limits. Cromwell is in London after the creation of the NMA. He is at his four brigade limit. Does this mean that no more units can be recruited in London? Or are they allowed to be placed in the fortress? Furthermore, is Cromwell allowed to move his army to other areas where Parlimentary, but leaderless, brigades exist?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
8.4 gives the army size limits. Cromwell is in London after the creation of the NMA. He is at his four brigade limit. Does this mean that no more units can be recruited in London? Or are they allowed to be placed in the fortress? Furthermore, is Cromwell allowed to move his army to other areas where Parlimentary, but leaderless, brigades exist?

goo

Cromwell is put in the London area, not inside the fortress. In fact, nobody is automatically placed inside a fortress unless specified (such as the opening setup in London).

As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand. He's a leader, so yes he can do that, but you seem to have something specific in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
nrandall wrote:
bentlarsen wrote:

goo

Cromwell is put in the London area, not inside the fortress. In fact, nobody is automatically placed inside a fortress unless specified (such as the opening setup in London).

As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand. He's a leader, so yes he can do that, but you seem to have something specific in mind.

Neil, he moves with four brigades to an area that has another brigade, meaning there are five in this area. Is this permitted? He cannot move with more than four, but can he "stack" with more than four? Could he defend with more than four?

About my earlier question, does this mean that no recruitment can take place in London if Cromwell is there with four brigades?

Thank you for your help.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yes, he can move there; the limit is on the number of brigades he can lead (i.e. that are on his space in the leader display) not on the number of brigades that can be in the area. You can still recruit there, you just can't put any of the recruits under his command.

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
And, if he's attacked while in an area with unled brigades that he cannot fit into his army, all the Brigades nevertheless participate in the defense - those in his army plus unled brigades.

Note that none of this could happen with two armies in a space. From 9.5: "If two Armies from the same side finish movement, Interception, Evasion or Retreat in the same Area, one of them must be Subordinated." And army size rules control the total size of the armies and subordinate armies together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.