Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, That's My Fish! is an okay abstract game that doesn't really grab me much, but I made a variant ruleset so I can play it with my 2-1/2 year old, and he loves it so much and gets so excited, I really enjoy playing it with him.

laugh

It's a 2-player variant - you would need more penguins or equally cool penguin substitutes to play with more people. You put all the tiles in a bag. Each turn, players take one tile from the bag, and for every fish on your tile, you put a penguin on it - so if your tile has 3 fish, you put 3 penguins on it. If the tile has 1 fish, you get to put 1 penguin on it, etc. You do this until you run out of penguins, and whoever has the most penguins wins the game. So your kid has to be able to count and identify up to 3 objects, be able to take turns, and understand a very simple rule set. Makes a great game for the really really young ones... My boy wants to play it over and over and over and over and over and over again...
zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this with my 3 yr old. I'm not exactly how old she was when she played the first time. There is a lot of difference between being just 3 and being almost 4. She's almost 5 now. If a kid could count I would think they would be able to understand how to move in a straight line and grab a tile. They won't get the strategy very much but they can play. My almost 7 year old is starting to plan more than one move ahead so that she can drown dad's penguins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Wiley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing useful, but I just wanted to chime in that my 2.5-year-old son LOVES the deluxe version. He's invented multiple games and stays a happy man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.