Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Request rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: CreepinDeath [+] [View All]
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully there will be a substantive expansion for LNoE in the pipeline and if there is? It would be great if it could include some of the following.

I love the game but can we please have some Zombie sculpt variants at some stage. Maybe a Zombie leader or Zombie heroes and some variation on the standard Zombies. It's a minor thing I guess and really a nice to have but I wouldn't mind them all the same.

It would also be great to get some boards that are designed to expand the current square configuration to a larger square. If it could include 4 rectangular pieces 3x6 squares this would do the job fine as the 4 extra L shaped map sections could be connected up around the edge of the current map configuration to create and expanded playing area. Basically you could make a board area 18x18 squares for super Zombie Vs Heroe fest.

Next I was curious to hear what people would like to see as the next heroes or even anti heroes. A few of my thoughts are below.

1. Undead hunter (maybe a young survivor of the first experience).
2. Sheriffs deputy.
3. Bank robber(s). Could maybe introduce a sub faction in a funny sort of way.
4. Bank Manager/Clerk.
5. General shop keeper.
6. Survivalist (maybe for the gun shop) or a Soldier coming home on leave.

Lastly maybe scenario build/construction notes for home builds/scenario specific objectives/team sizes could be included to help design custom scenarios.

Hopefully Jason will pop on here at some stage and give us a heads up on whatever the expansion he has planned for the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only expansion that I have heard of is a "Scenario Book." Jason has not released any specifics as to contents or release date of which I am aware. soblue zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhhh... Growing Hunger??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Angelo Almeda
Philippines
Paranaque
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

Lastly maybe scenario build/construction notes for home builds/scenario specific objectives/team sizes could be included to help design custom scenarios.

-- er check the files here and there website :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Warren
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye. In addition to more characters, cards, gameboards, special rules, & scenarios, Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger also has plenty of nifty extra counters, tokens etc. expressley for the purpose of creating your own scenarios. Personally I use expansion rules (particularly grave dead) and characters for every play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wishlist....

I'd like a large box expansion with five L-shaped" corner pieces and one center piece, detailed as follows...

Center Piece: Forest with small clearing on one side, lake on the other.
The wooded spaces would have LOS and movement restrictions, while the water spaces would be impassable, making lake-centered boards into a mere ring of usable terrain.

L-shaped Piece #1: Woods with a River/Creek that expands the water out to the edge of the board...the piece would connect on one side of the lake and the art could look as if the water is passing under some sort of culvert or other man-made structure, allowing the lake to look normal without this additional piece

L-shaped Piece #2: Woods with a small hunting/outdoors supply shop....Hunting Shop pickup could be a new Hunting Rifle weapon.

L-shaped Piece #3: Fire Station and Biker Bar...Fire Station pickup would be a Fire Ax or Fire Extinguisher.

L-shaped Piece #4: Woods with simple cabin.

L-shaped Piece #5: Woods with a Ranger Station.

New characters could include:
-Biker...lots of life, starts at the Biker Bar and has a usable motorcycle to get around quickly.
-Fireman...moderate life, starts with a Fire Ax at the Fire Station, has some resistance to fire, reducing damage from splash attacks. Perhaps also some bonuses when using fire items/weapons against zombies.
-Goth Girl...strange female student, low life, but an encyclopedic knowledge of the undead gained from horror movies...she has the ability to always know what cards the zombies have in hand because she knows what zombies do...everytime a zombies cards draw, one extra card is drawn. Before the zombie player sees thos cards, Goth Girl may determine which card will be discarded and which will be given to the Zombie player. Starts at the school.
-Survivalist...the crazy old guy that lives in the woods. Moves through forest spaces easily, could also have some sort of resourceful ability to reflect scrounging and weapon-repair...not quite like the Drifter but similar...balance out this power by giving him a negative social skill...perhaps he can't work well with other human players somehow.

There would be no new zombie figures...the rest of the expansion would be the standard assortment of tokens and cards and scenarios.

Some new cards would include...
-a hunting rifle weapon, allowing for long-range zombie shooting.
-a zombie card that allows zombies to swim across water.
-molotov cocktail weapons
-a machete weapon that has the added perk of easing movement through the woods
-a Boatsman townsperson that allows humans to cross water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
i like the idea of a 'woodland' centre square... could be a nice change.

- i was thinking it would also be nice to have a centre piece with normal sized squares for slower movement.

a couple of other things i thought would be nice...

- 2 L-shaped sections to form a 'mall'/shopping centre... [you know it makes sense] - it could have a single width coridoor with shops to either side... obviously dangerous to enter as you could very easily become trapped but would have LOTs of items to pick up.

- secondly i would really like to see some kind of barricade mechanic to change the style of the game a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The only expansion that I have heard of is a "Scenario Book." Jason has not released any specifics as to contents or release date of which I am aware.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Uhhh... Growing Hunger??

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I am assuming:( my bad. I meant on top of this expansion.

Quote:
-- er check the files here and there website :)

Good point but I am quite lazy and like things spelled out for me sometimes ;)

Quote:
Personally I use expansion rules (particularly grave dead) and characters for every play.

Grave dead were a great addition. Shame they didn't have different sculpts.

Quote:
I'd like a large box expansion

Now thats what I am talking about!

I like the idea of a center forrest and would love to see the heroes pieces you have mentioned. I am not sure about the water tiles. While I like them in principle, I think it would be hard to achieve on the current board configuration. While the board is a big positive to the game it is also a negative to custom town design or expansion variation sometimes. The hunting rifle sounds cool for those long range take downs although it could become abusive. Bring on the fireman and the biker.

Quote:
- i was thinking it would also be nice to have a centre piece with normal sized squares for slower movement.

Could be interesting for a shake up in play style.

Quote:
- 2 L-shaped sections to form a 'mall'/shopping centre... [you know it makes sense] - it could have a single width coridoor with shops to either side... obviously dangerous to enter as you could very easily become trapped but would have LOTs of items to pick up.

Whoo hoo! Or they could even produce a whole expansion tiltled the Nightmare in the Shopping Mall or something more apt. The whole board could be the mall. The heroes from Woodinvale escape from the town and come across a shopping mall to hold up in. Escape on the helicopter, fend off the bikers and Zombie siege scenarios already sounds appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Goth girl idea seems a bit overpowered. Knowing what's in the ZP's hand is crippling as is, but being able to decide what he draws? "Hmmmm... Shamble or "Bitten"? I wonder which I should give him..."

The powerful Zombie cards would never hit the table with her out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Hey Guys,

Though we can't really take requests, there are several LNOE expansions that have been in development/playtest for a couple years already... several even since before LNOE was released in fact.

I can't really spill the beans on the details for any of these (yet), but I will tell you that many of the things you are talking about are pretty spot on for upcoming releases - some soon, some still a ways off (a couple of the above suggestions are very, very close . I sometimes have to wonder if you guys have spys on the inside... or perhaps we've just all seen the same Zombie movies!

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Though we can't really take requests, there are several LNOE expansions that have been in development/playtest for a couple years already... several even since before LNOE was released in fact.

I can't really spill the beans on the details for any of these (yet), but I will tell you that many of the things you are talking about are pretty spot on for upcoming releases - some soon, some still a ways off (a couple of the above suggestions are very, very close . I sometimes have to wonder if you guys have spys on the inside... or perhaps we've just all seen the same Zombie movies!

- Jason

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. It sounds all good to me. Do let us know any tit bits you can when you can. You know we hungerrrrr for brainnssssss :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Or that Escaped Convict that Detective Rachel Winters is tracking

I was thinking Jake Cartwright could be the convict she is tracking. Probably just me putting 2 and 2 toghether and getting 5 LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
- secondly i would really like to see some kind of barricade mechanic to change the style of the game a little.

I was thinking about this and FFP could implement this quite easily without it becoming too abusive. I could go something like below.

A supplement with totally different cards to signify not part of any set as such but an expansion option under the special rules in GH. This would stop the cards getting mixed up. This would fit in with the GH special rules and could be starred for balance.

The heroes start the game with 2 remains in play barricade cards. Two cards could equal one spot on the special rules (not sure on weighting). These cards can be removed by any Zombie remove hero card that remains in play. In effect you have a barricade that will collapse eventually. I suppose the Zombies could be given some special coloured remove hero card that remains in play cards to add in to their deck to balance things (not sure if required). The supplement/expansion could maybe come with 10 of these cards and whatever other ones they deem required or add flavour. Of course you could house rule this one but it is so much nicer when you get some glossy cards and play tested rules. I am sure the FFP team have already thought of this one and here I am giving them a nudge. It would be a great one for the defend the mall map. If there were bikers the barricade could also have rules for them ummmmmm. If we do get a biker gang? Can we have some mounted on bikes and some on foot FFP.

Quote:
Nah...Jake's a Drifter. I was thinking a real bada$$ (w/ a heart of gold, who is of course innocent...). Someone like Snake Pliskin, Riddick, Nick Cage in "Con Air" etc...
---MS

Could have the ability - Bad Ass = Always wins on ties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.