Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Walsh
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hoc Spatium Mercede
badge
This is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else noticed that when using the commerce rules you're not getting the gold bounty for items that denizens *don't* want? I've seen this happen several times with the Rogues and negative notoriety items. They will give you the item for free, but you don't get the negative gold value to take it off their hands.

Also, I noticed that Cloven Hoof does not appear to add to Power of the Pit rolls. While playing the Witch I decided to absorb the Tremendous Demon and then got hold of the Cloven Hoof. "Cool!" I thought, assuming the Witch could be in Demon form and attack with no chance of a "Fiery Chasm" result. I think that should be the case, but Realmspeak does not apply the +1 to the PotP roll. I have yet to try holding the Hoof while using the transform spell, but that should also be modified making a "frog" result more likely (right?)

Just a few observations concerning my favorite java application ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete Walsh wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that when using the commerce rules you're not getting the gold bounty for items that denizens *don't* want? I've seen this happen several times with the Rogues and negative notoriety items. They will give you the item for free, but you don't get the negative gold value to take it off their hands.

Yes, this has been noticed by several players and already added to the Realmspeak Bugtracker list.

http://realmspeak.blogspot.com/2005/09/tracking-bugs.html

I have not witnessed the other issue you're mentioning, since I have always been trying to get rid of the Hoof asap.

And, yes, Realmspeak is absolutely the best Java application ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I started running the game in Cheat mode after this happened to me. It works great -- you can just give yourself the extra gold you were supposed to get when you take the Hoof (or Black Book, and maybe a couple others). It doesn't come up every game, but often enough to matter. Also, I haven't seen any downside to using the cheat exe instead of the regulard one. I play strictly solo games, so I don't have to worry about opponents thinking I am actually cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

I started running the game in Cheat mode after this happened to me. It works great -- you can just give yourself the extra gold you were supposed to get when you take the Hoof (or Black Book, and maybe a couple others).

Interesting. How does one use the cheat mode? My folder shows a cheat.exe but no instructions how to use this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:
Interesting. How does one use the cheat mode? My folder shows a cheat.exe but no instructions how to use this.

Hmm... I can't remember off hand. I know you just run the cheat.exe instead of the normal one (or is it a .jar file). The game looks the same. I thought there was a read me file with it, but that may have been an old version.

Once you run it, you have to click on some non-obvious thing in order to bring up the cheat console. Then you can type "help" to see a list of all available commands.

Sorry, I realize that's not very helpful. The "non-obvious" thing you click on is on the left side of the screen, about half way down. I just can't recall what it is. Maybe it is the character's symbol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
The "non-obvious" thing you click on is on the left side of the screen, about half way down. I just can't recall what it is. Maybe it is the character's symbol?

Yep, it's the character symbol. I tried and it works.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.