badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAMES CLUB OF MARYLAND PRESENTS as part of Game Days

TRASHFEST / WARFEST 2009
April 30 - May 3, 2009
Holiday Inn Hotel
9615 Deereco Road
Timonium, Maryland 21093

What: Trashfest is an open wild card style tournament that will focus on Ameritrash games and War games. This year we have added Warfest 2009. So whether you like rolling dice or pushing chits we have a game for you.

Example Trashfest games: Battlestar Galactica, Fury of Dracula, Android, Prophesy, Arkham Horror, Twilight Imperium, Star Craft, Descent, Doom, World of Warcraft, Battleball, Wings of War, Shadow Hunters, Civilization, Titan, War of the Ring, Talisman, Twilight Struggle

Examples Warfest games: Twilight Struggles, Here I Stand, Warriors of God, Manoeuvre, Napoleons Triumph, Squad Leader, Sword of Rome, Combat Commander, Conflict of Heroes, Paths of Glory, Friedrich, Hammer of the Scots, Axis and Allies

Registration part of Game Days: Deadline: Friday, April 24th, 2009: All Four days $40. Any one day $15.
GCOM Supporting Members: All Four days $35. Any one day $10.
On Site Lodging Info: Holiday Inn, 9615 Deereco Road, Timonium, MD. 21093. 1-800-235-3297, 410-560-1000, Off I-83 Exit 17, Padonia Road. The Days Hotel is a half-mile walk from the Light Rail connection to BWI Airport. BWI Airport Shuttle available. Convention special room rate: $79. You must mention Game Days and must be booked by April 15th, 2008 to get the special room rate. Days Hotel website: www.dayshoteltimonium.com

Trashfest/Warfest Schedule: TBD

If you are interested in participating in Trashfest / Warfest please post here and tell let me know what days you are planning on attending Game Days, what are the top 10 games you’re interested in playing and if you’re interested in running a demo.

Link to the Game Days web page:
http://gamedays.gamesclubofmd.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attending from Thursday - Sunday

Top 10 games I liked to play:

1. Ti3 Friday during the day
2. Arkham Horror Friday night
3. One of Steve Avery's wacky monster racing killing games
4. Battleball tournament Friday happy hour
5. A multi-player card driven war game
6. Talisman with Uba
7. A stupid late night game that makes me laugh til I puke blood
8. Battlestar Galactica
9. Starcraft or Conan
10. 6 on 6 Wings of War
11. American Megafuna and thirteen at 2:00 AM

What I'm bringing: Arkham Horror (all expansions), Battlestar Galactica, Starcraft, Battleball, Rock em Sock em robots, Struggle of Empires, Ti3 + expansion, Wings of Wars + 4 minis, Talisman + Reaper, Shadow Hunters, War of the Ring, Nexus Ops, Fury of Dracula, Last Night on Earth, Buffy the Vampire, War for Edadh, New Risk, GCOM copy of Cosmic Encounter

What else:Maker Mark, a case of beer, 6 Diet Red Bulls, microwave popcorn, some other food stuff, iPod player (so bring your iPod).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds awesome. I wish I could go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Put, way to pack 12 games into your top 10.

EDIT: Be there Thurs. - Sat.

But *I'll* do you one better and list SEVERAL top games lists:

Top 5 Old AT to play:
1. Mutant Chronicles: Seige of the Citadel
2. Cosmic Encounter (or is this new?)
3. Wizard's Quest (newly acquired!)
4. Dungeon Quest
5. Lifeboats

Top 10 Newer AT to play:
1. Twilight Imperium 3
2. Prophesy
3. Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition
4. Starcraft
5. Battle ball Tournament
6. Doom
7. BSG
8. Arkham Horror (never played this!)
9. Twilight Struggle
10. Cutthroat Caverns

Top EUROs to play:
1. Kingsburg (I really need to try it out because the theme has me suckered in!)
2. Dominion (you know you want to play just one game...)
3. Age of Empires 3 (enjoyed it a few times at WBC and would like to play with some ATers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Avery
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
SKa Baron. I like your line up. Throw Wizwar and War on terror in the mix and its a perfect list.

And you don't want to try kingsburg. Its a really really slow "To court the King." Quadruple the time and half the fun.

Steve"Representin' the A.T.L."Avery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attending from Thursday - Sunday

Top 10 games I liked to play:

Age of Conan (if it's out and someone has it)
Arkham Horror
Fury of Dracula
Talisman
Buffy
Struggle of Empires
Dungeon Quest
Warrior Knights
Cosmic Encounter
Shawdow Hunters

What I'm bringing: Whatever KingPut tells me we need that I own.

What else: Knob Creek, club soda, a case of beer

Demo: I can Demo the new Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone play Heroscape? Never really even seen it in person, but I think it'd probably be fun!

As far as games I can actually bring, that'd be:

Nexus Ops,
Robo Rally,
Last Night On Earth,
Wizard's Quest,
Starcraft,
Descent,
Dungeon Twister,
Prophesy,
Vegas Showdown

Also, any way to tell what's in the GCOM library? Maybe a copy of the new A&A? Eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Clubs of Maryland Library:
1776 - Avalon Hill, 1830 - Avalon Hill, 1870 - Mayfair Games, 6 Nimmt! - Amigo Spiel, Acquire - Avalon Hill, Advanced Civilization - Avalon Hill, Alhambra - The Dice Game - Queen, Amazing Space Venture - Sherco Games, Ambition - (Prototype), Armory - M.E.K. Games, Attila - Rio Grande Games, Augsburg 1520 - Alea, Backgammon - (Public Domain), Battlestar Galactica Collectible Card Game - Wiz Kids, Bean Trader - Rio Grande Games, Beat Inflation Strategy Game, The - Avalon Hill, Bureaucracy - Avalon Hill, BUX - the matchin' cash-in card game - NewsCool, Inc., Candidate - Avalon Hill, Capitol - Schmidt Spiele, Carcassonne - Rio Grande Games, Castle for all Seasons - Rio Grande Games, Chebache - Pardee Games, Chinese Checkers - (Public Domain), City Builder - (Prototype), Container - Valley Games, Inc., Cuba - Rio Grande Games,Dominion - Rio Grande Games, El Grande - Rio Grande Games, El Grande Expansions, the - Rio Grande Games, En Garde - Slugfest Games, Executive Decision - 3M, Fiji - Rio Grande Games, Gloria Mundy - Rio Grande Games, Go - (Public Domain), HeroCard Cyberspace - TableStar Games, HeroCard Nightmare - TableStar Games, HeroCard Orc Wars - TableStar Games, History of the World - Avalon Hill, Honor of the Samurai - Unknown, Junta - West End Games, Kingmaker - Avalon Hill, La Citta - Rio Grande Games, Long Live the Queen - (Prototype), Louis XIV - Intrigue in the Court of the Sun King - Rio Grande Games, Lowenherz - Rio Grande Games, Mario Andretti's Racing Rage - Home Rock Entertainment, Medici - Rio Grande Games, Mexica - Unknown, Mille Bornes - Parker Brothers, Monopoly - Parker Brothers, Municipum - Valley Games, Inc., Napoleon in Europe - Eagle Games, Notre Dame - Alea, Paydirt - Avalon Hill, Pentago - Mind Twister AB, Pente - Parker Brothers,Phoenicia - JKLM Games, Pictionary - The game of quick draw - Unknown,Princes of Florence - Rio Grande Games, Proclaim! - Lunch Table Inc., Puerto Rico - Rio Grande Games, Questionary - Spark Games LLC, Ra - Rio Grande Games, Rigamarole - Hidden Talents, LLC, Royal Palace - Rio Grande Games, Rummikub - Pressman Toy Corp., Settlers of Catan - Mayfair Games, Settlers of Catan - Seafarers - Mayfair Games, Shogun - Milton Bradley, Space Station Assault - Your Move Games, Sunda to Sahul - Sagacity Games, Taj Mahal - Rio Grande Games, Trivial Pursuit - Family Edition - Parker Brothers, Twilight Imperium - Shattered Empire - Fantasy Flight Games, Ubongo - Kosmos, UWO - Z-Man Games, War At Sea - Avalon Hill, Web of Power - Rio Grande Games, Wench - Eagle Games, Wildside - Out of the Box, Winds of Plunder - GMT Games

New Game from Rio Grande: Change Horses, The Three Commandments
Fast Flowing Forest Fellers, Witches Brew, Sylla, Batavia, Bonnie and Clyde (There may be demos set up for these games)

There may be a demo for the new A&A game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...so games I can bring if there's interest. Some I can teach, some are still mysteries to me, so read the rules :

GW-Space Hulk (complete 1st ed. set)

GMT-Blackbeard
GMT-Paths of Glory
GMT-Twilight STruggle
GMT-Successors III
GMT-C&C:A
GMT-Sword of Rome (+5th player)
GMT-Here I Stand

Worthington-Victoria's Cross

FFG: Wings of War [just about all the minis and all the WWI boxes]

LnL: World At War (whatever is on the market as of the con date, I'll own)

AH-any of the Area Impulse titles
AH-Hannibal: Rome v. Carthage

Columbia-Hammer of the Scots
Columbia-Crusader Rex

Other-Friedrich
Other-Prussia's Defiant Stand

There are more; I'll edit this list as they come to me. However, just take a look at my collection and post a request if there's something specific....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Twilight Struggle
2. Storm over Stalingrad I can demo this game
3. Rage against the Marines
4. Panzer Blitz (New Copy should be out and in my hands by then)
5. World at War: Blood and Bridges
6. Android I can demo this game
7. Battlestar Galactica
8. Totensonntag
9. Victory in the Pacific
10. Starcraft (of course) I can demo this game

cool Epp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyffg wrote:

I wish that FFG would send you....you all are missing an opportunity to expand your influence eastward....muhahahahaha!

It would be a blast to play against some of the best in the market!

Epp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp wrote:

10. Starcraft (of course) I can demo this game

If we play again, I will *not* be mistaking your forces and Pete's forces. So much pain last time at EuroQuest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp wrote:
jeremyffg wrote:

I wish that FFG would send you....you all are missing an opportunity to expand your influence eastward....muhahahahaha!

Epp

Well, it's more that I'm busy with work or roller derby stuff 3/4 weekends in April, the 4th weekend is my birthday...there's a lot of travel going on and I need to be at home for a while. One of these years, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schedule so far:

Descent schedule:
Friday: 11 AM - 3:00 PM
7 PM - 11:00 PM
Saturday: 11 AM - 3:00 PM
7 PM - 11:00 PM

Ameritrash Schedule:
Thursday:
Open Gaming

Friday:
Ti3 11 - 4 PM
Battle ball Happy Hour: 4 - 6 PM
Arkham Horror (unofficial event) 7 - 12 PM

Saturday:
A&A demo 10-11 PM
A&A 11-5 PM
Wings of War Happy Hour: 5 - 7 PM

Warfest:
Friday:
War for Edahd 10-11 AM
Saturday:
Successors, Here I stand or something 10 - 5 PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Schroedl
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for games to play at Trashfest here are my preferences:

1) Descent w/ expansion - I hear the expansion allows for a slightly shorter game
2) Doom
3) Battlestar Galatica
4) Cosmic Encounters - I have the new version
5) Starcraft - I'd like to try some kind of variant where each player starts with the same planetary resources.
6) Wings of War - A big battle with minis would be fun
7) Heroscape - I have tons of these guys, I love this game

Looking forward to it!

By the way, does anybody play Warhammer 40k? Would this be ridiculous to try or could I convince someone to play? Maybe some kind of small skirmish to teach the game.. dunno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Olsson
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently plan to attend on Friday

Top ten games I'd like to play:

1. Wellington (GMT)
2. Twilight Imperium: Third Edition (Fantasy Flight)
3. Arkham Horror (Fantasy Flight)
4. Here I Stand (GMT)
5. Battlestar Galactica (Fantasy Flight)
6. Command and Colors: Ancients (GMT)
7. Napoleonic Wars (GMT)
8. Twilight Struggle (GMT)
9. Dune (Avalon Hill)
10. That game I am going to encounter at TrashFest that enters my top ten because it is awesome (Published TBD)

What I'm bringing: Wellington, Napoleonic Wars, Twilight Struggle, Here I Stand, Command and Colors: Ancients

What else:Newcastle Brown Ale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:
Tentative schedule so far:

Thursday:
Descent on the fly: (Thursday - Sunday) Times TBD

Friday:
Twilight Imperium: Friday 11:00 - 4:00
Battleball Tournament: Happy hour Friday
Prophesy: Friday night

These are my strong leanings at this point on the "scheduled" front.

Sad that I wont be around long enough on Sat. for the new A&A. DAMN!

nschroedl wrote:
As for games to play at Trashfest here are my preferences:

1) Descent w/ expansion - I hear the expansion allows for a slightly shorter game
2) Doom
3) Battlestar Galatica
4) Cosmic Encounters - I have the new version
5) Starcraft - I'd like to try some kind of variant where each player starts with the same planetary resources.
6) Wings of War - A big battle with minis would be fun
7) Heroscape - I have tons of these guys, I love this game

Looking forward to it!

By the way, does anybody play Warhammer 40k? Would this be ridiculous to try or could I convince someone to play? Maybe some kind of small skirmish to teach the game.. dunno

Heeeeey - I'd REALLY like to play some Doom. Also Cosmic Encounter and Heroscape.

I dont play 40k, but might be interested in playing some kind of simple scenario or something if I had time. Further down on the priority list right now, but I love the 40k universe. What factions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyffg wrote:
VonEpp wrote:
jeremyffg wrote:

Epp

Well, it's more that I'm busy with work or roller derby stuff 3/4 weekends in April, the 4th weekend is my birthday...there's a lot of travel going on and I need to be at home for a while. One of these years, though!

I totally understand! Good luck with the Derby....lots of fun. One day....and hope ya get everything you want on your birthday!!!

Epp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete's post pretty much covers it all for me. I'd like to add We Didn't Play Test this Game and possibly Touch of Evil/Last Night on Earth. I'll bring whatever alcoholic food groups missing from his list.

-Bien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
Pete's post pretty much covers it all for me. I'd like to add We Didn't Play Test this Game and possibly Touch of Evil/Last Night on Earth. I'll bring whatever alcoholic food groups missing from his list.
-Bien
I'm counting on you bring We didn't play test this game and Jack Daniels. If you bring the Jack we'll have the Holy Whiskey Trinity: Makers Mark, Knobs Creek and Jack Daniels all covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:
I'm counting on you bring We didn't play test this game and Jack Daniels. If you bring the Jack we'll have the Holy Whiskey Trinity: Makers Mark, Knobs Creek and Jack Daniels all covered.

I can bring some beer, but really I'm pretty sure I have crap for taste in beer. I was thinking Yuengling? That's the fanciest beer I buy. I'll buy something else if there's a consensus. Or I could just bring beer money.

Bien wrote:

-Bien

I promise to let you win at least a few hands of 13 this go around.

Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Schroedl
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, As for 40k I have three factions. Dark Templar Space Marines, Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines. The mythos behind 40k is very dark and interesting. It's also addicting to collect, construct and paint the armies.

I'll bring a small selection of troops along and perhaps I can setup a few small skirmishes to teach the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ska_baron wrote:

Maybe.

If you're lucky I might sit at the kids 13 table with you. I might even grant you the privilege of dealing me cards.

-Bien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play anything but heres th wish list.

Ti3
Dune
A&A 50
Wiz War
Quest for the Dragon Lords
Doom
Descent
battle ball
Shadowlord!
Fury of Drcaula

I am sure i will think of more.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
Ska_baron wrote:

Maybe.

If you're lucky I might sit at the kids 13 table with you. I might even grant you the privilege of dealing me cards.

-Bien

I will fucking crush you. At the kid's table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.