Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question about going first while being rightmost on the turn order track.

When purchasing gems and building does everyone perform a single transaction starting with the start player and going around until everyone is done like the buy phase or does the start player perform all of their transactions before it goes to the next person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've assumed that all gem purchasing (phase 4) is done as one transaction. The rules don't say otherwise, but they do make clear that the gem supply cannot run out. Anyway, there seems little point in going around the table one set at a time: the chances of having some meaningful options for your second purchase are pretty slender.

The (English) rules say that in the build phase (phase 5), players in track order place one tile or pass their turn, and once passed can place no more. The tile purchase is a part of the placement transaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, on a more careful reading of the rules, I agree. The build phase is like the first phase and the start player goes first with one transaction and then it goes to the next player.

I guess it does not really matter for the gem purchase phase. It could be concurrent since there is no competition for the gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:

I guess it does not really matter for the gem purchase phase. It could be concurrent since there is no competition for the gems.
Actually, we just do that simultaneously

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.