Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I read thru the questions on game play posted for this game and this issue came up on playing our first game

The one question I have:

Is there any other method/mechanism to move Servants from the General Supply to your play area besides the recuit noble card that allows you to move 1 or 3 servants?

Troy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The Nobels are the only way to obtain additional servants.

Edit: These nobels are also single-use (meaning you obtain the additional servants and then this noble is turned over). You do get the benefit of having the extra servants for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Velles
Greece
Athens
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let me see if I get it right:

During the game setup each player gets 18 servants in his play area.
Then, from these servants, he places 3 in the stairway, 2 in the parade ground and 5 more servants in any room he wants. In his play area now he has 8 servants.

So, there are 7 servants from every color left in the general supply, right?

My question is:

Why are there so many servants left in the general supply, when the only way to take servants from there, is to recruit the nobles with +1 or +3 symbol (and then flip the tile face down)? I mean from the 7 servants left, a player may take up to 4 servants during the game (if he gains both the nobles mentioned above) and the other players will finish the game with the 18 servants who had from the start.

Is this right, or I have understand something wrong?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there's 3 of each of the +3 and +1 tiles, so getting +7 is quite possible:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Velles
Greece
Athens
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooops...

Many thanks for the reply! I don't own the game yet (I hope it arrives tomorrow from Germany). So I supposed there are only one of each tile type, as I saw it on the game rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.