Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody else see him die a little on the inside each time she "corrects" him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
This show would be about cannibalism and have a much shorter run if I was on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
devil Why not send her one of your whips? Then she could correct him properly. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I watch the show, but I cannot stand how Kate derides her husband on national television. I realize they're under a lot of stress and everything, but sheesh. Just tonight, she got all over him for interrupting her, even though she does it to him constantly. Complete control freak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
devil Why not send her him one of your whips? Then she he could correct him her properly. devil

There fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
John is a broken, empty shell of a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would send good money if he would jump up on the couch and scream SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't watch the show, but i wouldn't be surprised if their agent/studio hadn't told them that their ratings would be better if she were a control freak and it was more of an act
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the bit they did on "The Soup" where they showed one of her harsher beratings, and then cut to: "Next week on 'John minus Nine'"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They actually had an entire segment on one of the episodes about how she knows that she is overly harsh and a massive control freak. Cause that is how she deals with things. And every once in a while john does actually show backbone and say something back.

But they also both admit that the way that they (mostly she) deals with thing isnt exactly healthy. But she gets snippy as him so she is less snippy with the kids. I think. Its been a while since I saw that episode.

They did emphasize that they do both love each other, even if that doesn't always come across in their behavior towards each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
jmilum wrote:
i don't watch the show, but i wouldn't be surprised if their agent/studio hadn't told them that their ratings would be better if she were a control freak and it was more of an act

This is the credited response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

And there you have the problem with so called "reality" TV shows. Only now the attention whores are out of the studio and in their natural habitat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That show just depresses me. You know they're going to be totally dead and broken inside by the time the kids are in college. Then there's the bills for that driving them further under... I'd honestly be suprised if they can stay together until the end just due to all the stress and the need to take it out on someone, which is a sad thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everytime my wife watches this show, I die a little inside. I don't think the wife's attitude is an act. I've been around controlling women (thankfully, not married to one) and yes, this is exactly how they act. Most of them do it because they have very little self-esteem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbow wrote:
And there you have the problem with so called "reality" TV shows. Only now the attention whores are out of the studio and in their natural habitat.

i agree, i don't watch any reality tv, even the name is an oxymoron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should I care about these people? Who cares how many kids they have? Why should it be hard to raise them--they make up half of the entire scheduled programming on TLC (you know that used to stand for 'The Learning Channel'), so they damn well better be rich from television contracts or they're idiots. Reality TV in general is for idiots, not just because it is cheap and empty, but because TV studios love it because it's so cheap to just take some attention hungry jerks and throw them in front of a camera, and the suckers just eat it up.

I can only think of one reason why anyone would want to watch any of that crap--becuase watching the jerks and losers makes them feel better about themselves, and that's sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread killer!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Pengelly
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but it was a justifiable homicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:

I can only think of one reason why anyone would want to watch any of that crap--becuase watching the jerks and losers makes them feel better about themselves, and that's sad.

I would appreciate an Apology. There was no need to be hateful to the people discussing this topic.

I personally watch the show, because the children are entertaining, and it is interesting watching them grow and develop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't addressing anyone in this thread. I was posting my opinion on the topic at hand.

EDIT: I went back and reread my post and that second part is pretty harsh. But what can I say, I HATE Realty TV--I think it is beyond bad TV, I think it is a negative input into our world. And let me add that I'm not against shows that document and display real world events and people. Those kind of shows have been around forever. I hate "Realty TV," as it has come to be today. Not to turn this back on you, but the thread title does not say "Let's discuss our favorite show," but instead is calling out it's major "Realty TV" component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:

It certainly makes me feel better about the jerks and losers I have to deal with on a regular basis

oh snap I went there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
She is a ball breaker that Kate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
I wasn't addressing anyone in this thread. I was posting my opinion on the topic at hand.

EDIT: I went back and reread my post and that second part is pretty harsh. But what can I say, I HATE Realty TV--I think it is beyond bad TV, I think it is a negative input into our world. And let me add that I'm not against shows that document and display real world events and people. Those kind of shows have been around forever. I hate "Realty TV," as it has come to be today. Not to turn this back on you, but the thread title does not say "Let's discuss our favorite show," but instead is calling out it's major "Realty TV" component.

Thank you Bob, and I apologize for being a bit overly touchy and making the assumption that you meant the participants in the conversation.

For the record, I agree with your summation on Reality TV...VH1 makes me cringe just looking at their tv "programming".

Also, if you catch one of the earliest episodes of John & Kate, it tells that they used fertility drugs in the opening of the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.