Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason for the disappearance of Comments in the Recent Additions page when I filter by My Collection?

I thought I was finally going to notice other users' comments to my files or pictures, but I still have to notice them by chance...
snore
Is this happening to someone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RECENT COMMENTS on MY COLLECTION
I guess that when I filter by My Collection comments related to geeklists should disappear, as they are not related to specific games, but comments to files or pictures are related to games.

Are all comments treated the same way, linked only to a given item? The ones to pictures/files should be linked to the corresponding game.

If this is not possible, I would like at least to be able to subscribe (or something like this) to my pictures/files, or this being done by default when you upload a picture or file...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
We currently don't have this functionality. When we get more of the older features back in place we can see about implementing something like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to 2nd the request here.

Having a way to see new comments that have been added to your own content would be *really* helpful. If somebody asks a question about one of my pics, I would like to know that and answer it. Right now it is very difficult to find that single comment at all.

I also think that it is hard to understand why you can not see comments-entries at all if you just use one of the "own-collection" filter options while they can be explicitly filtered out by the filter choices below. This seems somehow illogical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
We currently don't have this functionality. When we get more of the older features back in place we can see about implementing something like this.

Aldie, I understand that subscribing to pictures/files has to be complex (I only said that it would be a good alternative), but since Comments already appear in Recent Additions, I guess that making the My Collection filter work properly should be doable? That would be more than enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Aldie, I understand that subscribing to pictures/files has to be complex (I only said that it would be a good alternative), but since Comments already appear in Recent Additions, I guess that making the My Collection filter work properly should be doable? That would be more than enough!

Currently it's a double reference away (if that makes sense). The comment is associated to the image, and the image is associated to the game - so it takes a bit of work to get it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie,

thanks for the information. Thinking more about it, there is something you could easily implement right now. When people try to comment a picture/file, make a warning text appear saying:

The user will not be notified of your comment, if your comment contains a request/question to the user, or if you want to be sure that the user will read it, you should better send a geek-mail.

This will solve many misunderstandings, I don't like letting people think that I don't care about their questions, not enough to answer them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.